Dish TV India / Blocked free-to-air channels by Dish TV!

Dish TV is using all dirty tricks for fleecing the customer. If customer wants to see only free-to-air channels, gradually dish TV starts blocking these channels too for example they have blocked 'Aj Tak' and Star Utsav under the garb of 'signal not available'.

Beware people!

N  11th of May, 2007 by

Dish TV India - Atrocious customer care

Dish TV's after sales service and customer care are non-existent. A day after installation, the signal vanished. The dealers appeared to have vanished as well, as they refused to answer their phones.

Complaints to dish TV customer care were of no avail, so we stopped payment of the cheque. Even that took three weeks to register! Finally, service was restored and a fresh cheque issued.

Thereafter, the signal has vanished again and despite FIVE complaints and promises of rectification within 48 hours, no one has shown up.

After having surfed the web and found that I am only one among dozens of hapless consumers who have suffered endless aggravation from Dish TV, I am contemplating approaching the consumer court, so that Dish TV is forced to clean up its act once and for all.

Any one who would like the join in the petition, please email.
A  11th of May, 2007 by
Dish TV - Big Cheaters,

During the India's world cup matches, whenever Doordarsan telecasted live matches, Dish TV blocked DD National channel. When contacted Dish TV customer care (bunch of fools) no proper justification. They just want to make money, no proper service. Customer care is hopeless.
A  18th of May, 2007 by
I agree because whenever i call 2 the custom care that the phone is either busy or not answering properly. Now i may complain is that i lost few channels since few days and our favorite channel i.e. ETVMARATHI is not on the list .
A  10th of Jun, 2007 by
I have been facing one problem on dishtv from the time i have purchased it. I have complained about the matter over 5 times in dishtv customer care but nothing was done as such. The problem is like this there are few channels who's picture quality is not good. I dont have a technical knowledge so i can tell you the exact word for that but i can describe the problem. Have you ever seen a corrupted CD, mark my words corrupted CD not scratched CD, the images are blurred and small squares of digital signal are visible. The channel are toon disney, disney channel, zee cafe, channel v, star utsav, tv5 monde, zee trendz, fashion tv, sahara up.
A  12th of Jun, 2007 by
Here too the same case. They are telling we have to 500Rs for 6 months to see the free-to-air channels. I dont know what is going. Tried registering for online service. In the email there was a typo. Now I'm unable to re-register or change the incorrect email id. Mails and customer care numbers went to deaf ears... So pathetic service... Planning to go for Cable operator itself. He is better than this customer care guys...
N  19th of Jul, 2007 by
Dear Mr.Malik,

Hope your problem has been resolved now, keep up your happy experience with dish tv and we will hope for live up to your expectation. Happy watching dishtv. For further queries feel to contact us.

Cust. Care No: 18601803474 , 01204443474.
Website: www.dishtvindis.in
Mailid: customercare@dishtv.in
A  25th of Jul, 2007 by
Somebody should ASK Mr Subhash Chandra who claims to be great INNOVATOR (perhaps in inefficiency as well as cheating) as to what is really happening about the complaints.

As of June 1st 2007 ( when DD changed all its channels to INSAT latest satellite) all the DD channels are missing. They nevertheless exist in the MENU but to what USE. Subscribers are possible unaware of the fact that packages of different groups of channels like, zee, sony, star etc are all taken from different satellites and mixed and provided through one satellite towards which the DISH Antenna points.Therefore after charging the money for the entire package it is obligatory on the part of the Dishtvindia to the required technical exercise in the shortest possible time and make available the channels.

In addition if I had renewed my subscription on Aug 12th 2006, before the completion of 11 months some channels have been access as the SCREEN shows. Channels like Zee TV, SONY, NDTV Hindi. There are frequent channel updates but nothing really is updated except changing the location of the channel in the MENU.

And these days of computer and internet, it is a shame that an Email ID which informed me of the activation (i.e. the renewal ) last year August doesn't exist anymore. The mail send to them BOUNCES.

One more technical problem that has come up in the last one month is the frequent ( once every five minutes or so ) freezing/ fragmentation of the picture on any channel for 4 to 5 seconds. This is obviously due to improper/ poor maintenance of the equipment at the ground station.

Are these set of complaints not sufficienca42et.
N  30th of Jul, 2007 by

Dish TV - Arbitrary behavior, non-responsive customer care

I subscribed to Dish TV 1 year ago (a huge mistake! I now think) Soon, I started having all sorts of troubles. One day they disconnected the service citing some charges. I interacted with their Customer Care and disputed the charges. They reversed the charges finally, and restored the service. Now 1 month ago, they again, disconnected the service. Upon inquiry, I found they were again bringing back the issued settled earlier. I mailed the earlier email etc and asked for detailed statement of charges and/or restoration of service. But there is no response despite several reminders and phone calls.

I am an extremely frustrated victim of this SCAM called DishTV & their "Customer Care".
D  14th of Sep, 2007 by
this is Harisha frm Bangalore, vc no-01501346153,i am not getting any bill or information about my packages,please insure tat further i get the bill or informations ?
N  17th of Sep, 2007 by
DTH is cheating its customer. the channels like aajtak and starutsav are not visible on DTH fron 7th september.it affirms that it will increase its channels but it is reducing its channels. it seems we have wasted our money. starutsav is the only FTA hindi entertainment channel which has been taken off-air by DTH.will these channels start back or not? we want those channels back.it is our firm request to start those channels as early as possible.
N  17th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Neetal,
Just for your information aajtak and Starutsav id back on dishtv....and about the other remaining FTA channels these are out of dishtv because these were removed from dd direct platform and now dishtv are in talk with those channels and soon all these will be back on dishtv.
A  26th of Sep, 2007 by
Dear Jitender,

Even i am having dishtv and its working fine for me... may i know what kind of problem you are facing... and in which area... just try to retune your stb and check... might be your problem get resolved automatically.
N  1st of Oct, 2007 by
my vc no 01500815265
oxigen voucher pin 953617781913
password 3524
plese renewal my account
thankingu sir
N  1st of Oct, 2007 by
my deelar was not carect information

N  2nd of Oct, 2007 by
I agree because whenever i call to the customer care of dishtv india, the customer care peoples always replied like a repeated words such as negotiation with relevant broadcaster is going on and it has been going to since one month and also we dont knows that how long it will goes. I want to say that how long would be negotiations to sorting out the any possible problem . Is it proper reply? Now I may complain is about our favorite channels i.e. ETVBihar, Sahara samahay, sahara bihar which are not in the list of EPG.
In last the customer care persons should know to each and every relevant matter who ask a customers as a relevant quarries. A fully functional customer care should have proper knoweledge of the system otherwise no meaning to say a customer care.

A  5th of Oct, 2007 by
Some great services from Dish TV. No other service provider can be more irritating than dish TV.

I registered for dish TV at the start of the 20-20 world cup, and they installed the dish TV after 15 days (on 29th sept, 2007) after the end of 20-20 worls cup.

When they installed, they told that i will start receiving the pay channels within 4 to 24 hous.
But i did not receive the channels and i called them after 4 days.
As usual the pick up th ephone after 2-3 minutes of ringing (thank god, they pick the phone).
They always have one excuse and they will tell that we will resend the signal, wait for 4 to 24 hours.
I still can not understand the funda of 4 to 24 hours.
I think they are sending the signal in train or flight, therefore it takes 4 to 24 hous.

Even if it takes 4 to 24 hours, I do not have any problem.
But today it's already 9 days after installation, still i have not received the pay channels.

Now i think i have 2 options with me, go to the consumer court to file a cheating case against them and also give this input to some newspaper to publish, so that everybody should no about the service of dish TV and be ready for the trouble if they are going to buy dish TV.

N  8th of Oct, 2007 by
It takes only 5 min to buy dishtv, just go to any dealer, pay money, complete and submit the enrollment form and its all yours. And with in next 24 hrs service engnieer will visit your home and get installed. Nothing more, even I have done the same and able to get all the channels in 24 hrs of the purchase.
N  24th of Oct, 2007 by
Hi Ram,

The above said channels will not be available on DishTV platform then how come you will be able to get it.
N  24th of Oct, 2007 by
Dear Friend,

Etv Bihar, rajasthan sahara, saharabihar, and janmat are not present on DishTV... earlier janmat was there but govt. had banned this channels therefore it is not coming and rest all other channels are not there on DishTV.
A  25th of Oct, 2007 by
Dear Mukesh,

We aware about your comment as on Mr Ram statement thats why we are complying here. If you know when the above channels restart on DishTV platform otherwise pl dont put meaningless comment here. We know the silly DishTV providers removed all those channels since August.

If you know about the restart pls conform us.

DishTV India Logo DishTV India