Dish TV India / Irresponsible service

1 India Review updated:

I have been trying to get my channels activated for the past 3 days and every time i talk to their service center I'm told it will take another 24 hrs.

All you people trying to subscribe to the DISH TV service, please stay away. They do not have a proper complaint management system. The guys sitting there are just playing with some tools and have no clue whats going on. They don't care if you are getting the service or not. Every time you want to talk to their supervisor, you are told they are busy. And they will call you back. No one has called back since last 3 days.

I seriously would not recommend their service at all. Its just a nightmare. Just try calling their customer service number and you would know what i am talking about.

Comments

• Dr
      23rd of Mar, 2007

Yes, It is true. Pl. don't go for DISH TV. The customer service is very bad. They are using the customer care to disturb the subscribers.

They will disturb you daily by calling you or sending SMS to your mobile to pay the subscription charges, even if you pay regularly.

Please don't give your phone number to them. They are absolute NON-SENSE people.

29th of Mar, 2007

I have paid Dish TV for Maxi Plan which is suppose to show me all the channels they have. I am not receiving even half of the channels for which they have charged me. Even after so many complaints there is no response form their side. It has already been a month regarding this problem and despite so many complaints to the service centre and customer care there has been no action. They are charging me for the services which they are not even bothered to deliver. Very poor service!

• Ni
      13th of Apr, 2007

Hello All Subscribers of DishTV of India,

I am one of the unfortunate customer (sure they have too many) who would like to keep all who have subscribed for "DISHTV" as pls think before u continue as a subscriber, since last one year i am a member & repenting to be one. The services that they (DISHTC) are rendering to the Customers by are just horrible & it's a nightmare when you call their so called Customer care. I am scared to call the Customer care (SO CALLED) of DishTV, as instead of resolving problems they give you more problems. They will make you wait for 15 minuets + to listen to your one query but they will not resolve your query at all when you ask them, they would just give u a complaint number for your query & that is all after that all is forgotten about your problems.

1) Since Spet'06 even after paying the subscriptions, every week the paid Channels (STAR CHANNELS) would be cut off, on calling to check with them they would not give you any reason, but would tell you to to keep your set box on for 24 hrs on one particular channel, you do so & find nothing has happened, Sio again you call them , again the so called parrots of dishTV would come online, they would again give a complaint no. & tell you to do the same thing again. After a week then we would find the channels working. Again after a month the same story is repeated as you find the channels are disconnected again. Pls note this is still going on every month for 1 week.

2) To my bad luck I have one more connection & there too the same problem.

3) Now that I have shifted the two connects & had requested for multichannel scheme, I have requested this on Mar'23rd 2007 wide email, I get an email saying that my payments are due so they cannot do this before I pay (this is the only email I have received so far from them, as it was related to their payments), i informed them that since there are two connection in my name the other channel account had a balance credit of Rs 900/- & that they should deduct that account for the required 1 month subscription. After checking the account today I find that they have deducted that amount from one of my accounts which had credit but yet have not converted to Multiconnections. So I called them today afternoon again, asking as when this would be done as I had requested this on 23rd Mar'07. To my surprise the Parrort (Call center rep.) of DishTV states that we are giving you a complaint number & it will be done. No reason given as why this has not been action for last 3 weeks, You ask for supervisors, they same answer you get every time, they are busy? wonder doing what? As not one complaint are they able to resolve properly.

Till now they have not converted my two connections two multi connections but have collected the payment dues promptly.

So friends & subscribers please be careful while dealing with customer care of DishTV.

Nitin Shahade.

• Si
      24th of Jul, 2007

I urge all of you to not purchase DISH TV connection. These guys will suck your money and will not vomit also. These guys are pathetic in fact whole DISH TV INDIA is pathetic. I ashamed that we have such company in India who really does not care about customers.

A very very very Pathetic.

• Ra
      26th of Jul, 2007

I have paid to credit card. How to know the status?

12th of Feb, 2008

I fully agree with the complaints voiced by the Dish Tv customers. I got my dish tv connection during their launch days. A guy who represented their local dealer called Bhaskar Rao ( Bangalore ) collected the advance amount promptly after inspecting the installation site. After a long wait, he sent his technical head one goonda called Thomas to install the dish. That guy came around 9 pm with no tools and was asking for even a screw driver from me. He struggled for a few hours and finally walked out saying since Im living in an apartment and my house dosent face the east, I wont be able to get the signal at all. When I argued, the goonda tried to take the SB card and leave. Fortunately, I was alert enough to get it from him. Next day, I could catch up a local guy and got it installed in just half an hour though I had to shell out some money.I wrote to dish tv to refund the installation charges since I did the installation through another technician. No action from dishtv as was expected.The service is pathetic. I wish Shah Rukh Khan makes a visit to each of us being cheated by dish tv, before he actually endorses dishtv.

Whoever is planning for a new connection, please go ahead and buy tatasky. Dont ever think of dishtv.

I am sure unless they vastly improve their services, they will be out of the market very soon.