Dish TV India / Blockage of FREE-TO-AIR CHANNELS

1 India Review updated:

I would like to bring to the kind notice of the board that I had purchased dish t.v. on 24/7/2006 by paying Rs.3990/ and opted for Zee Tv maxi package on monthly payment basis. My VC No. is [protected]. From 8th May 08 suddenly telecast of all the channels stopped without any clarification. I immediately contacted the dishtv, they informed me to pay some amount for viewing telecast of Free to Air channels. I told them that free to air channels are free and why are you asking money they replied that the company policy has been changed from now we will charge for FTA channels too. DishTv services are very poor and even asking money for free to air channels so this a clear cheating to DishTv subscribers. I want to surrender it immediately. Can any one help me to suggest, how to stop the fraud activities of Dish TV in India?? How to complain to government of India or application to a consumer court for charging the money for free to air channels even free DTH channels?

Comments

• Ba
      20th of May, 2008

Dish tv signals are not getting due to bad alignment of dish. complaint lodged to call centre on 14.5.2008This. has not been attended even today i.e. 20.05.08, 2200 hrs. This is due to monopoly. Dish Karo; and problem ghar lao. what kind of help can i get from TRAI.

Once complaint is lodged U chase the service team on telephone and spend lot of money. Service charges are not even receipted. Unprofessional service team and not even couteous.

• Sr
      13th of Aug, 2008

Free to air channels should be available to subscriber since they have paid for STB.This matter to be taken as serious issue.

15th of Aug, 2008

why my freeto air channel are blog plese start the my free channel

18th of Aug, 2008

I WOULD LIKE TO BRING TO YOUR KIND NOTICE, THAT I HAVE BEEN USING DISHTV SINCE ONE YEAR AND THAT WAS DURING THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD AND THAT TIME DISHTV PEOPLE ENSURED THAT EVEN AFTER ONE YEAR WE COULD WATCH FREE TO AIR CHANNELS EVEN IF WE DID NOT RENEW THE SUBSCRIPTION. BUT NOW ALL THE FREE TO AIR CHANNELS ARE BLOCKED BY DISHTV. KINDLY TAKE NECESSARY ACTION PLEASE. EVEN DOORDARSHAN IS NOT SHOWN.

• Ta
      14th of Nov, 2008

my vc mumber 015 0550 7376-9
    my setbox fta channel is block end my card but iam pakistani no slution card recharg plz active my fta channal thanks

• On