Dish TV India / Faulty system, customer harassment
I had subscribed a dishTV set through one of my friend from India in November, 2006. After 3 months of smooth viewing I paid the annual subscription charges and soon after that from Feb.'07 there was an automatic software upgrade programme that kept appearing on my TV. On the first day of the upgrade it took a few minutes and all programme started as usual. Soon after a week of the first upgrade, a second upgrade began and continued for more than 8 hours when I had to switch off the system. Thereafter, an error in upgrade kept coming on the screen and the automatic upgrade began and continued for another 12 hours.
When I called up the Noida centre, they checked my VC and confirmed that there is an error in my system and I have to take the box to my dealer for physical upgrade. It is definitely impossible to carry the box all the way to India for the next 6 months.
My question is why doesn't the system inform us about the next upgrade through some text and how long will that take. I have already lost the six months of my subscription now until I carry this box back to India. Will DishTV take responsibility for this occurance and renew my subscription for another 6 months until I start using it again.
I will now definitely not recommend this to any of my contacts. This is a pure harassment of customers.
More Dish TV India Complaints & Reviews
- Dish TV India - Problem after my recharging 
- Dishtv India Ltd - Pathetic customer service! 
- Dish TV India - Transfer of balance from old vc no. to new vc no. 
- Dish TV India - Blocked free-to-air channels by Dish TV! 
- Dish TV India - dishtv customer care 
- Dish TV - tv service.
- DishTV India - service not working even after paying
- Dish TV - pathetic and arrogant behaviour by dish tv service manager / technician
- Dish TV - seeking for justice against sheer corruption
- Dish TV India Pvt Ltd - tried for new connection, money deducted, did not get refund from last 50 days