Dish TV India / Billing irregularities!

1 India Review updated:

I had my VC valid till 31-12-2006, and from their internet portal they had advertised that any one can renew 60 days prior. So I decided to renew on 11 Dec 2006, for one year. I must be renewed till 31-12-2007, but these officials renewed my VC wef 16-12-2006 for one year till 15-12-2007. How can my VC be valid for two payments from 16-12-2006 till 31-12-2006? They give no satisfactory answer and say their system cannot allow.

Also their Package DHCP Dish next Dec 2006 shows 2393.00 Rs for one year. I had paid Rs 3193 Rs for some additional channels. They have not activated my additional channels but claim I still owe Rs 343 to them. Isn't it atrocious? Where is my 1143 Rs. They cheat!!

Least of all they are discourteous over the phone and don't reply to my numerous mails and their web complaint portal.

I am fed up with their response and so I voice this in this forum.

Ku

Comments

• Kr
      3rd of Apr, 2007

Yes, Kumar, they did the same to me.

For Dish Maxi, I paid the yearly subscription of Rs 3600 and they have renewed the services only for 6 months. As per Dish TV, the dealer from where I bought the set, did not pay them some Rs 981, which Dish TV deducted from my subscription renewal of Rs 3600. Any number of calls, letters to them is of no use.

Dish TV people and management are nothing but a bunch of cheats.

Customers: please do not go for Dish TV... you will have to face the same kind of treatment later.

• Yo
      12th of Apr, 2007

Guys,

Please don't go for dish TV. I am fed up with their services. You can notice at any given point of time they will not transmit all the channels. And their Customer care is just a junk of people worser then any government organization.

Take my words, TATA SKY is a lot better than Dish TV.

• Ra
      20th of May, 2007

I strongly agree with the above statements. I bought the connection in this jan 2007 and just like mr krnishna raj i also opted for maxi package and now these guys have taken out some of the channels even before my 6 month subscription. Its completely ridiculous as they made a false claim that i have committed to pay "another" 300rs for the package. Their customer care is horrible they give you an ultimatum of 24 hrs that the problem is going to be rectified as they very well acknowledge the problem is at their end only. Their customer care is pathetic as they are also worst than a government department!! They unnecessarily harass and torment a customer even though we pay all the money together. This is cheating a customer!

• Km
      28th of Dec, 2007

i want to disclose a news about case which i file
    in consumer court against playtv ,zeetv,ministry of
    information tecnology,sajid khan(host),javad jafri and
    airtel.this case is in gurdaspur consumer forum punjab.
    the case is that i win 11 lac rupees in a tv show
    HOUZEE which is displyed on zee tv and playtv on 13
    nov 2005 at 1200 noon and cut 16 rupees from my mobile airtel number as ticket amount.they comit me to pay my amount
    with in 45 days but they do not do so.they call bombay
    to present me in show but they also do not do so.after
    the show they come to me and ask me that we for got to
    present you in show and feel sorry.
    they ask me to go back
    to gurdaspur (punjab) your check we sent you with in
    the week but they do not do so.i file case againist
    the show .the show do not pay any amount to their
    other winner and airtel also made such fraud with
    their customers and they do not pay any tax to
    goverment which is aleast 33% and there are more than
    6 to 11 winners of 11 lacs more than 10 winner are 5
    lac and more 10 winners are of 2 lacs and others .i am
    very thank full to you if you take neccessary action
    agains the playtv(www.playtv.in). and publish my news to the news paper mumbai. for more information contact at given address

MOBILE 9876242287