[Resolved] Dish Network / poorly qualified and malfunctioning employees and equipment

United States Review updated:

I was a customer for 4years. There was a thunder storm 2years ago and I called the the service center I happened on a person at the other end of the line who was obnoxcious and rude. He told me a few things to try and they did not work. I continued to try and he hung up the phone. I was without service for a number of days and calling again several times. Recently I had a same problem called and the female on the other end. She told me to do a few things that did not work. Finally she said “your box is no good you can throw it out and will send you another one within five days” I thought she was talking a little out of her head.

I tried calling again and got another female who got the box going I mentioned to this female that I was expecting a box she told me she would stop the shipment.(she didn’t) I went out of town and came back and there was a box at home. I was charged 100$ on my next bill for not returning equipment. Called them, they told me to take it (which is 20 miles from me)to the nearest Ups store. Got there to find out, dish don’t ship by Ups only Fedex……well……I now had to find the Fedex store……another 10 miles. that was not all, I sent my next payment on Monday in the mail with a due date on Friday they turned off my service on Wednesday morning.

At this point, I had enough of their bad service and rude talking employees, so, I terminated my affiliation with them that same day. I received the boxes they sent me and followed the instructions and returned ALL their equipment I received my final bill with a Zero balance in August 2011. Well, it is now the end of October I received a bill for 32.10, called, and was told that I owe them for period of 10/23/11-11/2211. What is this for? SHIPPING. My point is, If you wanted me to pay shipping you should not have sent return labels.

I would have paid to sent it back to them — as bad as I wanted to have nothing to do with them, besides I will call it even for the gas and time I spent going to the Ups and Fedex store 60 miles round trip, all, only because of their poorly qualified and malfunctioning employees and equipment. I am VERY DISSATISFIED.

• Resolution statement

• Mark H DISH Network's Response, Apr 24, 2012

Hello Namiresk,

My name is Mark and I work for DISH. We would be happy to review what occurred with your DISH services. Please email with your DISH account number and full address where service was installed. My email is mark.[protected]@dish.com.

Mark Haakenson
    Social Media Representative
    DISH LLC
    mark.[protected]@dish.com

Comments

• Th
      24th of Apr, 2012

I have thought about signing up with one of the satellite companies, but they want you to pay if THEIR equipment breaks. Also, as you said, they want you to pay to ship their property back to them. No thanks.