Dish Network / refund my money

United States, California, Huntington Beach Review updated:
Huntington Beach
Phone: 714-404-4462
Dish net work tv never worked in my home and this company would never come out and fix it problem but they certainty took money every month for their bad service... and when I had had enough and cancelled the bad service they took $200.00 out of my account without my consent and an additional $325.00 for their crappy equipment and has refused to give it back...every time I call this company they have a different story about my refund. They are a ripoff company...

N  27th of Jan, 2010 by
I left the cable company for dish network. Because I didn't have a major credit card, I was put on a "pre pay" account. I was never informed of this, nor was I ever told what a "pre pay account" entails. My bill was due on Jan 23rd, I paid it on Jan 25th, at one of their authorized payment centers, I called them to let them know I paid the bill, their response was, although it was paid at their authorized center, and I have a receipt, it is not considered paid until the computer receives the payment. As a result, my service was disconnected today, because it takes 2 to 3 business days for them to receive the payment, which also was not disclosed. I have filed a complaint with the PA attorney general, and I would suggest anyone else this has happened to, file a complaint, as well. (I'm sure I am not the only one). If they have enough complaints filed, just maybe someone will take notice, and file a lawsuit, to make them stop their deceptive practices. I also belive it's a scam to get a reconnection fee from people.
C. Williams