Dish Network / consumer fraud
We were given a promotional offer for a free HD receiver and HD service free for life if we signed a new 2-yr contract. I called and verified that there would be no additional monthly charges.
We have had DN for 10 years and for the most part had been satisfied except for the constant increase in fees. Anyway, they installed the new receiver and replaced a dual receiver in another room. Then, without telling us, they disabled the receiver we had in our outbuilding that shouldn't have been affected by the HD transaction. When we discovered this and called support, they said our outbuilding receiver was suddenly a 3rd receiver and a new service, and we'd have to pay an additional $14.95/month to our current $90+ bill to reinstate the service that we had. Three phone calls of a total of 4 hours in which they cut me off twice, they finally agreed to remove the dual HD receiver and restore our outbuilding's service. Customer support was rude and snippy and insisted that the additional charge was for adding a new service and wouldn't admit it was for the dual receiver they installed.
Their scam is to tell you the HD receiver is free and then install another HD receiver in the second room, saying the receivers only work well if they're next to the TV. The advertising for this promotion should state that there are additional charges and the company should be more honest if they want to keep customers. We'd happily switch cable services but now we're locked into another 2-yr committment.
More Dish Network Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Dish Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service 
- Dish Network - as a former employee let me tell you 
- Dish Network - dish network receiver equipment scam!!! 
- Infinity Dish - infinity dish scam 
- [Resolved] Dish Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - suspend service while out of the country. 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - dish reception 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - service cut off after promising it would not happen 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - charge for no service 
- Dish Network / Dish.com - movies