Dish Network / dis-honest offers

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-337-3474

I received an offer from Dishnetwork that has 3 part, 3 free months of services, monthy fee of 14.95 and free installion and activation, I agreed, called back dishnetwork to conifm the promotion and i got the conformation from dishnetwork
i got the bill after 5 days of service for 99 dollar activation fee, and 75 dollar 2 month charge, called customer service to ask about the promotion but they told me to pay now and they will see later, i refused and cancelled the service ont that 5 day, the customer serive person told me they will be no charge for the activation or cancalltion, but i got a bill 120 dollar, called again customer service, they said they see no mention about anything and I have to pay the money!
what type of company are them

Comments

• Sl
      1st of Oct, 2009

Totally agree...I have had service with them for almost a year. I called to have HBO added for 3 months free if I signed up for direct bill pay from my checking account. The HBO service was not free, in fact my bill tripled and when I called them they said that was the way the bill reads and i didn't owe the money and to only make a payment of $8.35 which is the total for the month. I paid that amount and continued to receive bills and calls stating I owed the full monthly bill. Also I was having problems with the receiver that I was forced to purchased if I wanted their service; I called the technical help line and spoke to a man who told me it was going to cost $175 per hour to have someone come out and check the equiptment orI could sign up for the warranty program at $5.99 per month which I did. 12 hours prior to the service technician arriving, the receiver began to work again. I called and cancelled the service call; later noticing my bills getting higher and higher I called and explained that I should not be being charged for the HBO this was a free service for 3 months and to remove the warranty from my account. The rude man that I spoke to argued with me for over an hour that I was not being charged for the warranty service even though it is clearly printed on my bills. I made payments on the past due balance (from when i was told I only owed $8.35) 10 days later my service was turned off.