Dish Network / took money out of my wifes checking account without her approval

United States, Indiana, Angola Review updated:
dish network
Phone: 260-316-9215
I opened an account with dish network in December 2007. This account is ONLY IN MY NAME. I lost my job in Oct. of last year and have been fighting unemployment since. So, needless to say, I have fallen behind in my payments on ALL my bills. My wife has a checking account(which does NOT have my name or authorization on it). She went to check her funds noticing there was something VERY wrong, to find out that dish network had taken EIGHT HUNDRED AND EIGHTY DOLLARS out of HER account WITHOUT HER APPROVAL OR HER EVEN KNOWING ABOUT IT. Now mind you, my wife's name, card number, NOTHING, is on MY contract with dish. ONLY MY SIGNATURE!!! Dish Network STOLE this money from HER to pay MY debt. This is to me Identity Theft and I want my wife to get compensation for her grief and anxiety of having HER money STOLEN from her. Now the bank has made up the money till this is all resolved, but then again, We feel they were also at fault wiring the money without my wife's permission. So, this is my and my wife's complaint and we would like for dish to compensate her for their negligence and disrespect. AGAIN, MY WIFE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ACCOUNT TO DISH NETWORK. I have my original contract and bills sent to me ONLY IN MY NAME AND ACCOUNT. ALL THE WAY TILL THIS LAST DECEMBER WHEN DISH JUST DECIDED TO PUT HER NAME ON MY BILLS. NO AGREEMENT WITH ME OR HER. JUST ADDED HER TO IT. Who do they think they are just stealing money and adding people to MY ACCOUNT without my approval???

Thanks For Your Time!

Casey D. Walker

D  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
This is straight from the contract, Im a supervisor at dish.

If your account is
involuntarily deactivated for failure to pay your bill or otherwise, DISH Network will charge the applicable Unreturned Equipment Charge(s) to the credit
card or debit/check card that you initially provided to DISH Network (the “Qualifying Card”) within 72 hours of deactivation. Such charge(s) will be
refunded upon DISH Network’s receipt of the applicable equipment if you return such equipment in accordance with this Agreement.

Your wife gave permission when she gave you the card to use to open the account.

You forgot to mention that didnt you.
A  14th of Oct, 2009 by
They steal money. My girlfriend signed up for Dish TV and we could not get it because the line of site and got a refund. Then they took 105.00 dollars from her account for a months service when we didn't have it.
A  28th of May, 2010 by
I had the exact same problem. I was charged from my checking account when the account was only in my fiance's name. My name no where on it! I used my debit card once for an upgrade, but not to originally open the account. When service was stopped, I was billed $600. I was hung up on several times while trying to get my money back. Still don't have it back. The attitude of the supervisor that posted on here is the exact attitude of everyone there. I have posted on facebook, told everyone I know, and will continue spreading the word that dish network is a miserable company that steals people's money without authorization.
A  23rd of Jan, 2011 by
I am dealing with this same issue right now. When I first got dish Network and they told me I had to sign a contract I refused and told them that if they wanted me to sign this they cold just take there stuff back. No way was I going to sign there contract. They said this was fine and left there equipment. We had dish for a while then my husband had a heart attack and has been off work since before thanksgiving. I do not work because I am disabled myself. My husband will be returning to work when he is able. They want there equipment back but will not send someone out to get it off the roof of my house even though we are not able. They Also took money out of my account without my authorization and left me with 53 cents. I have bills that need paid and prescriptions that need filled wich I can not do now thanks to Dish network. Hope they like the fact that they are keeping us from taking our heart medicines. I never signed a contract with them and will be looking into prosecuting. They dont even have the correct name on the account. I found out they took the money at the pharmacy when I was trying to pick up meds and didn't have the money in my account. Hope you are all proud of yourselfs. I will be putting this warning on facebook and twitter daily to warn people about these crooks. Also have friends and family doing this also. Anyone else would like to feel free to pass this on. I would greatly appreciate this.
N  9th of Jul, 2016 by
Hi everyone, "buyer alert" do not sign up or do business with dish . Had thier company for a few months signed up with my debit card by phone and they charged me a one fee of $170.00 and asked me did i want their auto pay, i told them no, i would pay them monthly over the phone, he said alright. I don't have to tell you that when i was unable to pay them for one month and ask for a week extention they cut me off sent me a ups box to sent their equipment back i did. An d they turned me over to a collection agency and four months later they charged my bank debit card $400 over drafting my account $430.00 and i am on a fixed income of $730.00 yea can you imagine how i feel. I call my bank woodforest and they told me to file a fraudulent paper so i did they lady at the bank say that they would probably hold it pending until 45 to 60 day of investigation and waiting to hear from dish. "really" well you know they put it though anyway and told me i have to waite until investigation is over. People we all need to get together and file a suit against dish everybody should pitch in and we all go to a specific lawyer and let people everyware know what dish is doing.
N  21st of Dec, 2016 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
my name is linda from Kentucky dish illegally took 400 dollars debit card without my permission. beware people they are crooks. the card is in my husband name he not even on the account they took his s.s check TIME FOR A LAWYER

DISH Network / DISH.com Logo DISH Network / DISH.com