Discovery Health Medical Aid / poor explanation of debit order procedure

South Africa, South Africa Review updated:

My spouse used to be the main member but as she is now on pension and I am still working I changed in Dec 2016 to the main member. In my application I chose the debit order date as the 10th of every month as I receive my salary only on the 7th. On the 1st of Jan 2017 the debit order went of against my bank account. I phoned Discovery and the consultant informed me that the debit order that went off on the 1st Jan is payment for December and that they will on the 10th, deduct the instalment for January. It means that I must pay just over R9000 in one month for medical aid. Nobody at Discovery took the time to explain this to me!!! When I asked them to send my new cards to my place of work, I was told to phone them again on the 6th Jan as my application was send to them on the 6th of December. This is REALLY SILLY, why can they not do the changes on their system when a client request so???

Lo
Jan 03, 2017

Comments

•   Jan 27, 2017

Discovery never takes the initiative to explain their mistakes or even apologize. Lack of Basic customer service: acknowledge and apologize. Apparently lack of basic literacy as well, shown by the numerous emails which are ignored by Discovery - [protected]@discovery.co.za.