Discover My MobilityThe rep was incompetent

My friend said that it was his worst deal with the company Discover My Mobility. He decided to order scooter and before he did it, he called to the customer services. There was a guy, who basically knew nothing about scooters and told some nonsense to my friend. My friend was lucky, because he was a fan of the scooter and knew a lot. He understood that it was risky to purchase from this company, which knew absolutely nothing about their production.

Re
Sep 18, 2015

Comments

• Ca
      Jul 06, 2018

I just saw your comments on discover mobility I plan on having on having him invested will also report him to the federal government if you want you can contact me at
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fr
      Sep 29, 2018

Note: this retailer is owned by Michael Woods, who was charged with defrauding disabled people in 2012. He has simply changed his store name to Discover My Mobility but continues to rip off customers.

The site advertising 30-day returns. But beware -- that is after a 20% restocking fee and S &H. So, you buy a $1k mobility device -- and pay $300 for the return.

We placed an order. Called to cancel before it was delivered. Michael said it was already shipped. We said we'd not accept delivery from UPS and have it returned without every handling, opening box, etc. We did offer to pay return shipping fees.

He angrily lied about an FDA return policy. Now, the FDA does prohibit used devices being sold as new. But, it's BS that an unopened, unassembled, never-touched device is considered used.

His lies and policies are a great way to take in 30% of a device's cost while getting to resell it at full price.

Once a crook, always a crook. Please buy elsewhere.

Here is an exerpt from the Macomb newspaper about his past convictions:

More charges possible against Macomb Township man accused of defrauding disabled VIDEO

More charges could be coming against a 43-year-old Macomb Township man accused of defrauding disabled customers who purchased equipment from him and his company to make their lives easier.

Pete Ackerly, agent for state Attorney General Bill Schuette, acknowledged in court Wednesday that Michael Woods and his defunct company, Planet Mobility, could face more charges on top of one count each of fraud between $1, 000 and $20, 000, punishable by up to five years in prison.

Ackerly told Magistrate Michael Osaer of 41A District Court in Shelby Township that Woods and his attorney, Frank Palazzolo, have been told about more allegations.

ADVERTISING

'

Woods, who is disabled, and Planet Mobility, which was based in Shelby Township, in late 2008 and 2009 accepted orders over the Internet but failed to deliver, according to Schuette. When customers complained, Woods allegedly promised to send a refund, but Woods' accusers say the refunds never came. One customer was defrauded of $6, 401 for a lift table, and another was defrauded of $5, 830 for a wheelchair lift, authorities said.

Woods is a wheelchair user and appeared in court with a woman who appeared to be his mother. He was released on a $10, 000 personal recognizance bond.

In arguing for a low bond, Palazzolo noted his client's disabilities and knowledge of the allegations.

Woods waived the right for a preliminary examination within 14 days due to the ' amount of documentation in the case.

The examination was set for 1:30 p.m. Feb. 23. Osaer suggested to Ackley that any additional charges should be filed before that date.

• Gl
      Oct 29, 2018

I love my airhawk scooter but not Discover My Mobility. They were super nice before I ordered but rude and unhelpful after delivery. not explaining how parts are shipped separately. The book said I needed to the get the seller to sign a form so I called and customer service was again rude and said I didn't need to send in anything. I dread needing any warranty work. On top of that they have owed me a car charger and a flag for months. I called, again rude, told me they were on back order and I will get it when they do, I'm holding my breath. Only interested in the sale!

• Le
      Jul 19, 2019

I ordered a Viking 4x4 wheel chair. I paid $789 for their 'White Glove Set Up' and $454 for All Terrain Tires and Rims for a total of $9949.00 for the chair. I asked if the chair would be delivered to my door and the All Terrain Tires installed for the 'White Glove Set Up'. I was assured it would be, as I am confined to a wheelchair. I paid 1/2 and it was built and shipped from China. Four months after ordering, I was told it was in Los Angeles and paid the 2nd 1/2. I was told it would be here in 5 to 7 days, assured again that it was going to be delivered to my door, the tires switched out and the chair checked over. I assumed some kind of technician would be delivering it. Eighteen days later, I received a phone call from a trucking company that they would deliver the 'crate' in 3 days and could I help the semi truck driver unload the crate. I explained it was a wheel chair, I am in a wheel chair and that I had paid almost $800 to have it delivered to my house and set up. The dispatcher knew nothing of that. A call to Discover Your Mobility resulted in being put on hold and told I needed to talk to so and so every time some one came back on and put me on hold again. I asked to talk to a supervisor, (Michael), and was put on hold again. After 1 hour, I called my credit card company to cancel the charges . They did after I explained this story. Now, in my e-mail, is invoices from Discover Your Mobility that they refunded just over 20% less than the total. These people belong in jail.