Menu
Discover My Mobility
reviews & complaints

Discover My Mobility
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

8 complaints
0 resolved 8 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Discover My Mobility. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
D
6:43 pm EST

Discover My Mobility - Unethical Practice

October 2021 contacted Discovermymobility.com to ask about the compatability of the leade acid battery charger with the new $600 upgraded lithium batteries I was purchasing. The rep told me that I did NOT need to get a lithium battery charger with my upgraded lithium batteries becuase the TZORA brand scooter I got has a technology that would charge wither batteries. As is turns out that is NOT true. I call the manufacturer as well as went to a Batteries a+ Bulbs store and they told me the Lead acid charger is not strong enough to charge the lithium Ion batteries to full charge. I would be buying new batteries is a short period of time.
The complaint is the apparent unethical practice of "convincing the customer to short out expensive batteries so they can come back and buy more". On multiple occasions the rep lied flat out to me and now, I am looking for another company to do business with in the future

Desired outcome: Be honest with customers Tell them the truth

V
4:49 pm EST

Discover My Mobility - Ridiculous Refund Issue, Did not send the order and no refund

I ordered scooter trailer 1.5 month ago. They told it would be shipped in 4-6 weeks or I can cancel the order. I waited 6 weeks, no shipment was made, I called in and they told they do not have it in stock. However, they still sell it on their website for much higher price. I requested order cancellation and refund. Mary Lumpkin stated that refund is on the way, it is processing. It was paid by PayPal and literally refund on PayPal takes about 30 seconds if not less. No refund, no order. I will have to start claims and negative feedbacks against this crooks. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM BEFORE READING REVIEWS !

Desired outcome: REfund

1 comment
H
Jun 24, 2022 3:47 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I ordered a $1495.00 3-whelled scooter a few years ago. When, it did not come in 2 weeks, I called them. I was told that they were getting ready to call me, the one I ordered was out of stock but asked if it was OK to send me a different model, to which I agreed. They sent me the upgradded model of the same scooter, which they were selling for $1,995.00, at not extra cost to me. So, I paid $1495.00 for a $1995.00 scooter. Sign me "A Happy Camper."

J
3:30 pm EDT

Discover My Mobility - Will not issue a refund for a cancelled order

Ordered a mobility scooter on 5/28/21 for $1, 795, invoice #615946.
Shipment has been delayed for the past 5 months. I was given the option to cancel the order and I did on 10/24/21 with an email to Mary Lumpkin. After many emails and phone calls I still cannot get a refund. I was told that the credit card company would not accept the refund because it has been too long since the purchase.
I've been told "the check is in the mail" for the amount of $1608.00 but no check has arrived. I guess legal proceedings are needed or a charge-back through the credit card company.
So sad that this company is preying on the elderly and disabled. I hope you can help get this matter resolved.

Desired outcome: Full refund

B
6:53 am EST

no scooter

B
2:11 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

where is it, who is the shipper, need a tracking number

K
3:35 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a disability an needed a scooter bad a foundation meet my needs to pay for a scooter. This scooter came to me on my birthday. I didn't want nothing or no one to touch my new scooter. I used it to go to a doctors appointment and was on my way down the street while students walked behind me. The right side wheel flies off the scooter and screws are on...

View 0 more photos
F
12:45 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The site advertising 30-day returns. But beware -- that is after a 20% restocking fee and S &H. So, you buy a $1k mobility device -- and pay $300 for the return. We placed an order. Called to cancel before it was delivered. Michael said it was already shipped. We said we'd not accept delivery from UPS and have it returned without every handling, opening...

R
7:30 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My friend said that it was his worst deal with the company Discover My Mobility. He decided to order scooter and before he did it, he called to the customer services. There was a guy, who basically knew nothing about scooters and told some nonsense to my friend. My friend was lucky, because he was a fan of the scooter and knew a lot. He understood that it...

Discover My Mobility contacts