Discover Card / felony telephone harassment
Discover Card began calling our home 2-3 times a day in April 2010. They were looking for a person that we do not know, that has not had the phone number they are calling or lived at this address. After the first few calls, we made it a point to 'pick up' the phone and talk to someone as they had a error that needed correcting. Their repugnant refusal that we ARE the person they are calling and demanding our account information made us suspicious. So we asked them not to call back and immediately contacted Discover Financial via their web page and calling their 800 number. All that resulted from this is that they now have called us daily 5-6 times per day for this other person for a fraud protection inquiry. This past week they have called in excess of 5x daily Sun-Sat and will not stop calling.
I can't sleep anymore without turning off our phone. With a dependent traveling the US on college break, this is very un-wise. I have already lost several days of work as I was unable to sleep with them calling multiple times per hour once they knew someone was home. This is blatant telephone harassment, and I am not even the person they want to talk to.
More Discover Card Complaints & Reviews
- Discover Card - dispute of charges 
- Discover Card - scam and cheating 
- Discover Card - lower payment plan scam 
- Discover Card - possible scam to get one to activate fraud protection 
- Discover Card - usurious increase in apr by discover card 
- Discover Bank - online saving
- Discover Bank - unethical dispute process
- Discover Credit Cards - terrible experience 
- Discover Card - fraud
- Discover - balance transfer