DirectBuy / RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: 503-646-2210

OMG! This place is rude. I had heard good things about purchases, under retail prices. I wanted to check it out as a possible resource for my kitchen remodel. I proceeded to schedule a "tour" through a salesperson named John Irish. This man was so annoying. He called almost every day to ensure that I will make my appointment, know the directions there, etc.

The "visitor pass" was for a Sunday, at 11:00 AM. A family situation came up. So, I called on Saturday to tell someone and cancel. I DID NOT SPEAK TO John. This person was nice and understanding. No high pressure sales from him.

Anyway, on Monday I was back home and my twin toddler grandsons are busy and I am trying to feed them. John calls me, chews me out for not attending, as I had scheduled, and wanted to discuss what he said, "Common courtesy". WHAT?!!! I explained to this fool that I had called on Saturday. He did not get the message. I the asked why he would do this and that I was with my grandsons! He kept referring to me saying that I had stated that I would be there and did not. I told him that my family was first and he was acting like a telemarketer! He did not like that comment.

Since this event I have read much about their high-pressure sales and rude tactics. I can only state that this is so true. And I hadn't even made it to the showroom, yet!

Run away; do not walk away, from this company! I am going to contact the attorney general's office next!

Comments

• Gu
      24th of Oct, 2009

i was in chicgao. brent gilligan was the spoke person and same stuff. pressure to join. rude. short and fat looking oddly around for the next couple to join jumping from table to table trying...trying to beg for memberships. i saw him take a few 20's from a coulpe and spread the down payment of 390 over 45 days. just to get them to sign a contract. they could not afford the 6500 how are they going to buy anything?
    shame on him and the company. he talks very close and had smokers breathe. we watched the whole thing. i wish i had a hidden camera. i would expose that man for the used car salesmen he is.

• Fa
      24th of Oct, 2009

I have heard of many similar things, however, a friend of mine swears by them. I take it all with a grain of salt. Can you afford to lose this money (high financing costs, problems with returning wrong or damaged orders, not remodeling your house to the scale that you have to in order to 'enjoy' the savings they promise, etc.?) I don't think it illegal to work like a used car salesman. It is BUYER BEWARE. You know it. If you have any doubts, don't sign the contract and walk away. As for the deal about your 'free pass' to visit them and look at the catalogs, and if you don't sign up or anything, then they say you can't come back because you've seen the low, low, manufacturer's price. Um, sales gimmick!! High pressure.