DirectBuy / Waste of time even on phone
I received a call from a Direct Buy telemarketer who told me I had been selected to get into a contest in which I could win $50, 000. It had to do with getting a key that would open a box or something at their showroom.
I thought about it for a minute, I had heard about the membership costs, and knew I wasn't going to sign up. But, I am doing some upgrades in my home over the next few months, and the guy on the phone was vague when I told him what I had heard about the membership fees. He gave me examples of people he knew who had bought a $700.00 couch for less than $400.00, and I should have stopped right there. I've seen $700.00 couches, and that was not what I was looking for.
I eventually said that he could send me info, and that I would like to participate in their contest, although at the time, I didn't exactly know what my obligation would be.
Ok, here's the clincher, after talking to me for almost 15 minutes, the guy asks me my income range, 20, 000-40, 000, 40, 000-60, 000, etc. When I told him my income was between 20-40, he said I didn't qualify for their contest and hung up. Just that fast.
More DirectBuy Complaints & Reviews
- Direct Buy Membership - Poorly run business and a rip off! 
- Direct Buy - Class action lawsuit info 
- DirectBuy - 30-Day Trial Membership 
- Direct Buy - Awful everything 
- DirectBuy - Avoiding to deal with DirectBuy! 
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - I paid in full for warranty now company out of business due to unethical behaviour.
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Direct buy auto warranty
- DirectBuy - Office furniture
- Direct Buy - Household appliances
- Direct Buy Auto Warranty - Extended Warranty / Vehicle Service Contract