Direct TV / not being directed to a supervisor when requesting over and over again

1 PO BOX 538605ATLANTA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-531-5000

Over a month ago I disconnected my service with directv. I was told that the only thing I owed on my account was $4.??. I received the bill and paid for it immediately. A month later I am receiving a bill for ppv movies that I was sure had been paid already. I called [protected] and spoke first with simon. He explained to me that my receiver, once received, was downloaded and three movies showed up from a year ago that had not been paid for. I asked him to explain to me how I have been watching movies this whole time and paying for them monthly right up until the time I cut off my service and he was unable to explain to me how this happened. So, I asked for a supervisor. He finally transferred me and then I was disconnected.

I called back the [protected] and spoke with a very rude man named michael. He seemed to know what was going on but was unable to shed any light on the situation either. So again, I asked to be transferred to a supervisor and michael refused to do so. He kept arguing with me and telling me that he doesn’t understand what my problem is and that I owe the money. I asked him over and over again to transfer me and he still refused. So I hung up and called a different number and spoke to a lady named nicole who said that she would file a complaint on him on my behalf and explain to me why I have these charges. Finally, nicole was able to explain to me what happened. Thanks nicole.

I still do not understand why I was not transferred to a supervisor? This was a very simple request. I never had a problem with directv before and was going to sign back up with them but not now. I have never been so angry at a customer service rep in my life and will never sign back up with directv.

Directv can thank michael for that. I hope they review the tape and listen to him argue with me the way he did and discipline accordingly.

Comments

25th of Sep, 2008

I am currently going throught the same set of problems. Each time I speak with someone they tell me it will take longer to get my refund. Wish there was something I could do.