Digi Telecommunications / sim card broken cannot change plan

1 Malaysia

Hi all Digi users, I am writing this to share a "uncommon" policy by Digi. I am Digi customer and I do not sign any plan with Digi. I called Digi Helpline on 3rd January 2019 time 10 a.m. I intend to change my plan to Digi PhoneFreedom 365. The operator gave me a very shocking answer. I was told due to I just change my sim card in July 2018 based on Digi policy new sim card user not more than 6 months cannot change plan.

I was really surprised to hear that. I told the operator the reason I change sim card was because the sim card was broken and I pay for a new sim card. I did not do anything to the sim card in fact the sim card is Digi product. Digi product broken, the customer has to pay for it and then second impact is the customer is not allow to change or upgrade plan. So, the only solution is I move to other Telco service provider. I was really surprised and I feel like Digi really want me to quit from their customer base. Although I do not like the operator like a robot keep repeating the policy and I know the company policy is not made by her but I really feel disappointed with the answer from Digi.

To all Digi users, I really don't know what to say I was penalized to pay for the sim card again I am penalized not allow to change or upgrade my plan. So, the operator's superior's superior told me it takes 48 hours to revert to me. For me 48 hours are reasonable timeline but for the issue whether they allow me to change plan take me 48 hours I feel is long.

My phone is badly down and I need to change a new phone. So, with the service respond I have no choice to struggle with my pity phone for another 48 hours. I really not happy about this and I cannot accept this unreasonable policy.

Ti