Delta Airlines / con artisit selling delta companion pass

1 GA, United States Review updated:

A guy who posted on Craigs list that he is selling Delta Companion Pass. He posed with the following information:

1- His full name is : Charles R. Jenkins. Indicated that he was hired by Delta Airlines on 04/03/2006 and works as a Ramp Tech. He indicated that his Social Security number: [protected]. And his PPR (Employee #) [protected]. He took $1000 of my money. His phone number where I contacted him is: [protected]

I met him at the lobby of where he claimed he lives and he had an access card and actually printed the Delta form at the lobby's computer desk with the help of the Adminstration at the following building:

Address: 935 M, Marietta Street. Atlanta, GA 30318.

2- When I googled the phone number yesterday I discovered that he did this with several people and also it seems like he is having several identities. One of them is : Quintavius R. Beard.

3- Discription of the guy: He is 5'10. About 230 IB, African American with a lighter complection, Wears designer items (Was wearing a Parada Shoes when when we met at the building. Again his phone number tht he provided ws [protected]

4- The guy indicated to me that he lives with a roomate in the building in a 2 bedroom loft. And that Delta is putting him in school to study HVAC.

5- I will file a police report today and will report the entire situation to the FBI office of Atlanta.

Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

• Rh
      12th of Aug, 2018

Delta Passenger and Companion passes

1. Background: No Delta employee can sell or let someone use a companion pass or employee pass.
    2. Scammers will usually will go through something like Craigslist.
    3. They gain you confidence by showing you paperwork with Delta’s name on it. (not real)
    4. They will send you a picture with a badge on it and looks like they work there.
    5. Then the will send you your ticket conformation. What they do is call into Delta reserve the tickets and say no credit card and they will reserve for 24=48 hours.
    6. At this point you believe them and they have you send money by Pay Pal or by Walmart transfer.
    7. In our story they broke it down into 750.00 to each of his nephews in total $1500. Was scammed
    Our Story,
    I inquired about a companion pass and also a employee passes. on craigslist He said it would be $1500. He worked for delta and was a 2nd to the pilot.
    Their phone s is always throw away phones. Once you ask for proof they will take a use fake but looks real paperwork with all your personal information on it. Out Scammer was named “Melvin Robinson” phone number was 229-591-8802. I I will also provide pictures and his phone number at end of this scam.
    He then books the flight through reservations and says has no credit card. Delta holds it for 24-48 hours then it cancels. So, We believed with a reservation number that he had done this. At this point he has for money He says “please send it Walmart transfer and my nephews will pick them up. You may only send 750.00 at a time so he gave two names and two phone numbers of his nephews. Name was Kurt at 229-591-8802 and Keldrick @ 229-942-2503 Also Melvin Robinsons phone number is 469-708-2967 They were all bought out of Georgia, the money was picked up in Georgia. “This is exactly what He told me”
    “Ok that’s great will book shortly just about finish with adding process. You will have to make 2 transaction Wal-Mart to Wal-Mart services. You can use my nephews name.
    Kurtis Banks. Americus, Ga 31709 Phone NO# 229-591-8802
    Keldrick, Jones .Americus, Ga 31709.phone NO# 229-942-2503
    Only reason because they will n0t allow transaction over $1000. So you can split in half 2 payments of $750. Fees will only be $8 per transaction. “
    Then everything was fine until 24 hours and I checked our reservation and there was none. I was told to call and talk to
    Delta Linda Dunwoody at 404-773-2734 faxed over all information. The issue is all she can do is educated you on deltas papers. And procedures
    IMPORTANT
    However, in my case I noticed that one or more of the emails came through with someone else’s name Ray Bethune. Which made me curious and to come to find out. His name is Rayjthan Bethune (Ray Bethune) works at Endeavor Air who we are:
    Endeavor Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Air Lines, is the world's largest operator of Bombardier CRJ-900 aircraft. Flying as Delta Connection, Endeavor operates 154 regional jets on nearly 800 daily flights to more than 130 destinations in the United States, Canada, and the Caribbean. I Called the company and they would not speak with me. He is a worker for this company, but the parent company is delta. Below is a picture of Ray Bethune,

I will be providing the craigslist and also picture of Melvin Robinson and his Id# which is all fake the guy above is not fake he does work for them and will never take responsibility
    Proof:
    1. Craigslist listing
    https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tix/d/passriders-companion-buddy/6625329779.html Passriders. Companion & Buddy - tickets - by owner - event ...
    chicago.craigslist.org Currently I have an open slot for a Companion passenger. Companion Pass is an unlimited pass that allows added passenger to travel the entire year once added.

2. Picture of so called pilot

3. Fake paperwork

• Se
      20th of Aug, 2017

Did they ever find this guy? Because I met him recently and noticed something was off, so I decided to research him. If police are still looking for him, I think it is the same guy and I know where to find him.

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2017

now using the name mike willenburg and the phone number 678-532-2132

• Mi
      22nd of Jul, 2017

@Mike Lavigne marcus willenburg actually.

• Me
      14th of Feb, 2016

He uses a new cell number 678-346-5167 claims for works for delta airline . He is very convincing and will make you feel that he can be trusted. He accepts PayPal payment under carter.jay91@gmail.com and accept payment as family and friends . He also accept payment with money gram and western union but gives you a bogus name and request that you use no ID verification only security question. Please be ware of this guy he posted all over Craigslist in different states and city please save your money. If it's too good to be true then it's a scam for sure.

• Me
      14th of Feb, 2016

I am also a victim of the person he is now posting on Craigslist in NC . The phone number is uses is (678) 346-5167. He has a PayPal account email address is carter.jay91@gmail.com and if sending money with money gram or western union he has a sister name Theresa Phelps. He is a scam please avoid this person thanks .

10th of Dec, 2015

It's dec 2015 and this Carl guy almost scammed me .Luckily I googled and came across this post. "If it is too good to be tru then it sure is"

17th of Dec, 2014

If anyone represents themselves as being a Delta employee, just tell them that you will report them to Delta Corporate Security. If they are a Delta employee and still try to sell them to you, then they're pretty stupid and you should report them, anyway. Try to get any relevant info and report them anyway if they run off.

The only way we're going to get people to quit trying to sell these passes is that the general public quits trying to BUY them. Quite frankly, they're not that good a deal anyway...you might sit there waiting on the standby list ALL DAY. Some diligent shopping around on the internet and you could probably pick up some decent tickets that aren't standby, for close to what the buddy pass fare is. The more people mess with this system, the more likely that Delta will terminate the program altogether and no one will be happy.

Also, remember this. You might think you get a good deal by purchasing them from someone, but THEN you have to also pay the buddy pass fare...either way, you're going to be paying more than a legitimate employee would pay for them.

• Sy
      17th of Dec, 2014

Anyone here of Travis Johnson who represents himself as a Delta employee selling passes?

3rd of Nov, 2014

I'm a retired Delta agent and I can tell you people that have been scammed and those that are looking at Craigslist and elsewhere for buddy passes to "buy" that even if the person is a legitimate Delta employee, what is NOT legitimate is them trying to "sell" them. They are NOT to be sold and if caught, the employee could lose their pass privileges OR be terminated. If you do buy them from a bona fide Delta employee, you are participating the scam as much as they are.

On the other hand, now that you know this information that they ARE NOT to be sold by employees or anyone else, you know that anyone trying to sell them is doing so against the law and/or against Delta's employee policies. Beware.

• Ne
      26th of Aug, 2014

He just got us too for $200. It's crazy this guy has been allowed to continue to do this for so long with no issues !

• Jr
      25th of Jun, 2014

Well, this slime just got me for $400.00. He said his name was Adam and that he works for Delta. This is the phone number and email. 404 884 5490 Email Evouser213@yahoo.com
    He emailed me a ticket receipt from Delta along with a conf # and ticket
    #. The conf# was valid and my reservation was on Delta.com. However, the ticket was Bogus...SCAMMER!

• Le
      1st of Jun, 2014

He just got us yesterday for $380.00 he said his name is Adam & presented him self real professional his new number is
    404 884 5490 Email Evouser213@yahoo.com will be pressing charges a well we stay in Tampa Fl.

• At
      11th of May, 2014

I am glad i google this guy phone number and the google search takes me to this complaint site. I am almost about to get scammed this morning by this guy. I am sorry for those that has been scammed, and thank you for the complaints posting information. After reading all theses posting so i called him back and i was telling him that he just got busted that FBI is looking for him and i am a police officer also. He told me that he just got this phone number and he hung up. Thanks guys.

• So
      15th of Mar, 2014

This person may now be using name Alex Baldwin (alexbaldwin43@yahoo.com) using phone 404-884-5490.

15th of Mar, 2014

Welp, its 2014 and he's still at it and posting Craigslist ads national. He only got me for $100, but this was clearly an "inside" job. He has a new fake name and a new phone # with a 404 area code. He's asking for you to pay in advance for the buddy pass by giving him the code to your "green dot money pak" card. He emailed me a ticket receipt from Delta along with a conf # and ticket #. The conf# was valid and my reservation was on Delta.com. Fortunately, I decided to call Delta and have a rep verify everything. The rep said that my conf# was valid, but my ticket # was invalid, and my confirmation said I would pay for my ticket at check in on travel day. WOW! SCAM. Don't waste your time, energy, and money like I did. If it looks too good to be true, it is. If the "airline employee" isn't willing to meet you in person and exchange cash, DON'T do it! Run away from buyers requesting money via western union, green dot money pak, mail, etc. SCAMS. Hope this helps.

• Is
      28th of Jun, 2013

Hey, Is this the guy you are all talking about?

• Go
      20th of May, 2013

He scammed me also, he called and texted me several times, he said his name was Kennedy and his phone number was the 404- 436-3317, where is the scam departments with all of this? I only lost 140, but still that was all the money I had in the world, I had to take it out of two of my bank accounts, I'm a single Mom and a full time student with no income... I know my money is gone, he was slick too, said and did all the right things... There has to be a way to get him.. I know all of our money is long gone now though.. Should of researched him better before I gave him the money... It has nothing to do with being intelligent or not, it has to do with this guy says and does all the right things, he makes you believe you can trust him, he calls, will meet you, gives you his employee number up front, does everything right... He blindsided me...

• Ju
      2nd of May, 2013

I just almost got scammed by this guy too! I had a weird feeling, so I just googled his phone number and what do you know? So he has OBVIOUSLY not been caught yet! How do we bust his butt?!?!?! Do we have to call the local police? Or what?

• Te
      30th of Apr, 2013

How are people so stupid? It's amazing to me that so many people would meet some random guy and give him money. Some people deserve to be scammed.

23rd of Apr, 2013

Has this guy been caught? He did this to me a few months ago?