DeLonghi Magnifica / Do not use it

My Fully automated 3500 coffee-espresso-cappuccino maker was returned on Oct 5, 2006 (Fedex tracking number verification) to be repaired. It is Now Jan 8, 2008 and I have still not received my coffee maker. I have called weekly since Nov 15 and was assured it would be repaired by Thanksgiving – Thanksgiving came and went and after weekly calls again –was assured it would be back by Christmas…. Christmas came and went. I called today (Jan 8, 2007) and was told that on the 29th of Dec the pot was being repaired and shipped. It still ahs not arrived and I was told today that if I don’t’ have it or hear from them by the end of the week to call again.

Since this is a rather expensive product under warranty – the warranty repairs are less than timely. I don’t know if the repairs have actually been made because I have yet to receive my coffee pot.

In fairness to Delonghi – In Dec I asked that he warranty be extended an additional 3 months since I have not had use of my coffee maker for this amount of time. This request was granted.

Over three months for a repair seems an awfully long time. Will I buy DeLonghi in the future or recommend it – Probably not.

Comments

• Sy
      3rd of Jun, 2009

We sent our DeLonghi Magnifica to Mark's Appliances for repair, after calling DeLonghi. We sent it because our "empty grounds" light would not reset. My husband, an ex-UPS employee, double boxed it and sent it for repair. Mark called us and informed us that the DeLonghi had been damaged during shipping and for an additonal $150 he could replace our broken TOP COVER. Yeah right. My husband argued the damage with him and told him to return it with the damaged TOP COVER. He then argued that he had already replaced it. My husband told him to put the damaged one back on and return our machine. Mark was so "generous" he discounted the bill $100!!! We received our DeLonghi today. It was double boxed with bubble wrap AND has a cracked water tank!!! Mark is a rip off and should never be refered for business. He is a CROOK!!!

DO NOT USE MARK'S APPLIANCES IN CALIFORNIA!!!

• Pa
      28th of Dec, 2011

Had a similar problem. After 4 months the machine would start making coffee or grinding beans on its own. Called customer service, they sent me a box to ship the unit to a service center. It took over 6 weeks (yes 6 weeks) to get it back. After 2 weeks of usage the machine started exhibiting the same problems, ie. grinding coffee and dumping the grounds without actually making coffee, making a single when pressing the double button, making coffee on its own, etc. I contacted customer service again and this time they want me to send the machine to the main service center. Didn't work last time, don't understand why it would be any different this time. In the process of shipping the machine back and forth the lower hinge on the front door broke. The worst customer service experience

• Vi
      30th of Mar, 2012

i live in sevenoaks kent and my complaint is about your iron that i bought 2 years ago. it is a vertical steam, stiro meglico. i bought it because my daughter had a baby and as she lived with me i knew there would be more ironing to do, so i bought 1 of your irons..but now i am so dissappointed in it because when i turn it on, it just pours out of water for a good 10 mins, so wen i do actually get to start ironin i only get about an hour of ironing, so i might aswell have bought a small cheap iron, because my iron is not doing what it done when i bought it..very dissappointed in your product, i thought it would last longer than 2 years...

• Br
      30th of Jan, 2014

I bought an ECAM23450 SL coffee, espresso, latte maker in April of 2013. By November it did not work anymore. Total cost of the machine is $1500. I called Delonghi and was told to send it to Bayside Appliance in Jamaica NY. I sent it by the end of Nov. They have had it since then. They claimed they waited for the paperwork from Delonghi and received it mid Jan. Now they claim they cannot get the parts before mid Feb. I. am claiming the machine was a lemon and do not want a fixed machine. Refund or a new one. Has been escalated but all I get is I'm sorry. No coffee.