Dell / dell refuses to service new peripherals
Dell sold me a 2GB memory upgrade for 20 month old laptop. My laptop warranty ended after 12 months, but the salesperson at Dell assured me they would help me with the memory if there was a problem.
The system only recognized half the memory and when I contacted Dell, they refused to provide service or technical information unless I purchased a new service contract for my laptop.
I went through six different calls, each time I called, the sales person or the customer service person said the technical people would help with newly purchased memory, then they would transfer me to technical support. Then the support person said they would not help unless I purchased a new service contract.
Dell says they will not provide any service for any new peripheral bought if it is used for an out of warranty computer.
More Dell Complaints & Reviews
- Dell Inspiron 1525 - hard drive failures 
- Dell 42& Plasma Tv - defective tv, poor service 
- Dell / Laptop Studio 1555 - dell is a scam 
- Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop - defective product - horrible service 
- Dell Canada - dell sent me a computer I did not want and won't give my $6000 back! 
- Dell - tech service dispatch 368091173 
- Dell - customer service and inspirion
- Dell - dell 3268 7gen/4gb/1tb/core 13 dell vostro dell cpu not functioning/dead 
- Dell - dell inspiron 7779 laptop 
- Dell - Inspiron 3475 AIO