Dell, Inc. / scam and cheating

1 United States
Phone: 5127959453

Purchased a Dell Vostro 1700 with embedded Verizon Broadband card. Wonderful computer, absolutely the WORST activation directions I have ever seen. I received a plastic bag with a CD in it, this was my activation instructions. The CD has PDF files of Verizon's service agreements, and T & C's, big help. I called Verizon to activate the card, as Dell will only activate the card Monday - Friday normal business hours!! (are you kidding me, in this day and age??) and I did not receive the computer until I got home from work. Well, Verizon gave me a card number and told me to wait 1 hour and then service would be activated. Five hours later and 7 phone calls, and I am told only Dell can activate the cards embedded in the system. I call Dell back on Monday morning, and they say I have to call Verizon. This circular issue happened 3 more times (and 300 automated phone prompts later) and then I am finally told by someone at Dell that only Dell can issue the broadband number. I have to get the old number "erased". I call Verizon, get that taken care of, and get a new number. All is well, it is working. A day later, I try to use the broadband card and the service will not activate because the "old" number is in the activation and that is no longer working. I would not recommend the embedded broadband, buy a card and stick it in yourself. No hassles, no run-arounds. Very unhappy, who has 10 extra hours to mess with this @#$%.