Dell Financial Services / credit reporting

1 Carol Stream, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 413-3355

I have been a Dell Business and personal account holder for over three years now.

My Business account with Dell Financial Services has always had a credit limit of $10k. The highest balance I have ever had on this account was $4k. I have always made at least minimum payments on this account with NO LATE PAYMENTS.

Yet, I noted two billing cycles ago that my credit limit had been reduced to my current balance. On the current bill, DFS shows that, although I have continued to pay the minimums on time, that I am now "over my credit limit as adjusted based on my credit report."

I was told I should contact the credit reporting agency. After much frustration on the phone with someone who spoke broken English, I am at my wits end.

Although I NEVER exceeded my credit balance, have not had any new charges in months, and have always paid on time, DFS is now reporting me as "above my credit limit."

I will NEVER buy another Dell product. Closing and paying off these two accounts.

Be VERY CAREFUL in dealing with DFS (Dell Financial Services)...they are up to no good!!!

Travis

Bi

Comments

• Da
      7th of May, 2013

Agreed! Dell refuses to remove derogatory information from my credit report, even after my paycheck was garnished for $800 per month for four months and paid in full (via judgement) on April 27, 2012.

All three credit reporting agencies show an unpaid balance of $2713 owed to Dell, which they incorrectly reported as a charge off that was written off. For example, the Experian report reads, Status: Account charged off. $2, 713 written off.

This is not an outstanding debt! I paid Dell back every penny owed, via garnishment, plus attorney fees, and they refuse to honor my repeated requested to remove this damaging information from my credit reports.

Do not do business with Dell, Dell Financial Services or WebBank/DFS...Ever!