Dell Finance / never buy from them

I am still receiving calls from Dell Finance group asking for someone named "Marleen". I have now received 14 calls and spoken to six different people. I have told each of them that they have the wrong number, yet they continue to call. They have apologized and said they will remove my number from the list, this hasn't happened. If I tell them once they have the wrong number when they call from [protected] they call back next time trying to restrict the caller ID information using *67. I will now never buy another Dell computer for my business. I will very soon post this complaint in my local news paper.

Va

Comments

• De
      25th of Oct, 2009

I know this is a old post, but if I found it others will...This is how dell finance operates. They go thru the phone book listings looking for anybody with the persons last name and calls them. And they will call you 10 times a day, even after they say you will be removed from their list.

Dell finance is border line criminal. There is a solution for anybody in this situation that dell does not want you to know about. According to the fair debt collections act that is law, you need to ask for their mailing address. Then you mail them a statement to stop calling your number. By law, they have to stop calling you. Make sure you send it to them certified with signature required. make copies of what you send to them.

If they call you anymore, then you goto the website of the government and file a complaint against them. They have to stop all calls if you send them the letter. Heck, according to the law, the person that owes them the money can also send them a letter and they have to stop calling them also.

But let it be known that dell finance is border line criminal, they will lie to you. I used to deal with them, thankfully not anymore. Because of dell finance, I do not and will not buy anything from dell in the future. Something I think dell needs to pay attention to. The company they are doing business with for financing is chasing customers away.

• Ji
      16th of Mar, 2011
    Dell Finance - Bill we don`t owe
    Dell Finance

My wife sends a payment of $200 monthly to DELL FINANCE. However, the payment required is $50 a month. We get calls daily from Dell Finance harrassing us about a delinquent payments, daily. How is this possible?

• Lo
      31st of May, 2011

Dell had in 18 months charged us $585 in financial charges on a computer of $965 . Check dates on checks sent out and there was 10 days or more from the record date at Dell, so it looks like Dell was holding check payments back, so they could put in late charges of $35 a wack. Pay on line and there was a $10 fee for that too. Is there any class actions on Dell Finance or State investigations? Dell computers are OK, but Dell finance is a Scam and I would never ever recommend using Dell Finance again.