Dell / don't buy a dell product! I purchased a dell laptop 8 months ago & now it's in trash!

1 Metairie, LA, United States Review updated:

I called Dell technical support and for over an hour I and others listening via speaker phone tried to understand what the foreigners on the other end were trying to say (What a joke!). They did say my laptop was under warranty, which was no surprise since I only purchased it 8 months ago to play games. When I told them I was playing a game when it went out they then said it was the games fault "SIM CITY 4" that caused it to crash and not the laptop (So, what is the laptop suppose to do but turn on and make a pretty picture for me to look at and woo over... I think not). "BUT" no problem the foreigners in the Philippines said, even though it was the game that destroyed the inner workings of my Dell laptop, they (more like I and my friends) could get it running by doing the following. Please note all the "I"s in the procedures because there is no they (DELL techs/customer service or whatever you want to call them) helping out until the end.

1). (I) needed to locate somebody's laptop to download software from DELL.
2). (I) needed to transfer this downloaded software to my DELL laptop that had crashed.
3). (I) needed to contact customer support again and get somebody who can understand English up to speed on where (I) am at in resolving my warranty problem.
4). (I) then needed to follow their installation instructions (if I and my friends could understand them) and see if this resolves the problem.
5). IF after all this it still does not work then (I) would be instructed on what the next procedure would be.

In closing, I asked them countless times if I could just return my laptop to DELL for repair since it was under warranty and they always said NO!!! It was the games fault for my laptop breaking. Therefore, I and my friends guess, it is DELL's way of getting out of warranting its products (blame it on a game or some other software for its poor quality product). Stay away from this company! Bad news! They are like insurance companies. They (DELL) offers you much but in the end only gives you headaches, disappointment and money out of your pocket. In my case, $287.09 to be exact.

Dw
Nov 13, 2016

Comments

• Wi
      13th of Nov, 2016

Your game probably was the culprit. Run the diagnostics and fix it. Or google the issue and fix it. It isn't hard.

• Cu
      14th of Nov, 2016

Maybe you should stick to bouncing a ball as a game, it probably was not that difficult to figure out.