Dell Dimension E520 / what a ripoff!

United States Review updated:
Dell Sucks! Within the last two months I purchased THREE Dell computers – one for me, one for my son Ryan, and one for my son Brandon. Ryan’s computer was a little slower than he wanted so he offered to pay for the upgrade. He called Dell and Customer Rep L. May told him he would have to pay 15% for a restocking fee and shipping charges to return all three packages (the monitor, the speakers, and the tower). When he explained everything was good except for the tower, she said it didn’t matter. To return the tower he has to return the three pkgs to three separate addresses AND pay about $165 in restocking fees.

What a ripoff! Dell Sucks!

D  25th of Apr, 2007 by
Hrm...Sounds like you didn't research Ryan's computer needs before you purchased his computer. So, you made the mistake but you want Dell to just eat your mistake? They can't sell that computer as new. They don't know how it's been treated and how it performs, yet they are willing to take it back provided you pay 15% for using it for several months.

In addition, you bought a PACKAGE DEAL. If you had purchased those items separately they would have cost more money, BUT you would have been able to return just one item.

I don't have any complaints, I just come here to read dumba*s complaints such as these. Get a life, at least they are willing to correct your mistake for only 165$.
D  31st of May, 2007 by
I'm with Kelly. I can't believe how ridiculous some people are. Apparently it's Dell's fault that Ryner didn't know what he was ordering. How dare they make such a mistake and then not want to pay for the shipping!
D  16th of Dec, 2007 by
I don't think there is anything wrong wit dell...

Dell Logo Dell