Dell / Dhl / left expensive electronics outside in weather
Dell uses DHL shipping company to send electronics when purchased online. I purchased a very expensive piece of electronics and it was shipped by DHL out of California. I used the ability to track shipment online and saw they would attempt delivery on the 13th which is the day I was out of state on business. When I inquired, I was told Dell requires signatures on their electronics and they would attempt delivery and when I wasn't there, they would leave directions on my door how to pick up my delivery in person at their closest location. Dell also indicated signature required on my order. Just to make sure, I left a HUGE note on my door with a magnet clip telling the delivery person not to leave a package but to leave directions how I could pick it up next day (Friday) at their nearest location. when I returned home very late at night the 13th, there was the package, out in the weather, in plain sight on my doorstep. the note was still on my door, also in plain sight. when I complained to DHL, they sent back a canned email note "sorry we didn't meet your expectations". Dell has not responded. I won't buy from Dell again if they continue to use this shipper. I do not live in an area where electronics or other expensive items should be left in plain sight. I was so very lucky it wasn't stolen or badly damaged by weather. DHL is not a good shipping experience.
UPDATE: Dell responded and gave me a 15.00 credit for my inconvenience and were very responsive in their email reply. GREAT SERVICE from Dell. I just hope they don't use DHL in the future.
More Dell / Dhl Complaints & Reviews
- DHL Canada - delivery 
- DHL - customs charge scam 
- DHL - a blouse which has been stuck in customs fr more than a month... 
- DHL PAKET - dhl germany two times could not deliver the same parcel to australia 
- DHL - staff mistakes, system related failures & bad customer service 
- DHL Express - Package on hold
- DHL Express - delaying of a shipment
- [Resolved] DHL Express - lack of interest
- DHL Express - customs and duty charges
- DHL Express - wrong delivery