Dell Computers / bad customer service

Upon my return from the Middle East, I bought a new Dell Computer and printer. Later, I ordered four computer ink cartridges from Dell and paid almost $100 for them. Several months later when I needed to replace an empty cartridge, I discovered that two of the ink cartridges contained no ink whatsoever.

October 31, 2008: I called Dell to have the defective cartridges replaced and was told I had to buy two new ink cartridges and was told that Customer Service would credit my charge card for the defective / empty ones.

When my call was finally transferred to Customer Service, I was told, Sorry, our replacement policy for product defects is good for only 21 days after the original purchase.

I asked to speak to a Manager and was placed on hold in excess of one hour. I finally gave up.

Dells quality control and Customer Service is extremely ineffective and very, very poor. I expected better of Dell.

Va

Comments

• Pe
      20th of Nov, 2008

In reply to your aticle, on the 5th November 2008, I ordered a Dell Studio 17 laptop and case total price 650GBP. On Monday the 10th November I received a call from the account manager (lets call him Mohammed) who dealt with my sale telling me that the laptop was on it's way and the couier would be in touch, when I checked my order status on the Dell website it said my estimated delivery date was the 24th November.

I called Mohammed on th 17th of November only to get through to his voice mail, I left a message for him to call me regarding my order, I did not get a call back. So I emailed him, still no reply.

Today (20th November) I get an automated email from Dell telling me my order has been put back until the 2nd December due to a shortage of parts.

So, this morning, I spent almost two hours trying to speak to someone in an Indian call centre to ask why my order had been put back, I was passed from reception to reception I spoke to six different people who did not seem interested in my call and just kept quoting my extended delivery date.

I even left Mohammed three voice mails, I was told he will take between four and six hours to reply, thirteen hours later still no reply.

When I asked if I can cancel my order the person I spoke to said I would have to speak to the person that took my order (Mohammed), guess what, they put me through to his voice mail.
    By this time I was so angry, I asked to be put through to a manager in the UK, I was told this is not possible, I asked to speak to a manager in the call centre, I was told none were available.

So Dell have had my 650GBP since the 5th November and I have no laptop.

24th of May, 2009

I tried to cancel my XPS Desktop order within 24 hrs. and Dell refused to cancel my order. I complained to the Better Business Bureau. If every person who has been wronged by Dell complains to the Better Business Bureau, more is likely to be done about it. Here is the link to file a complain about Dell:

www.bbb.org
    Dell may charge a 15% restocking fee plus shipping for orders you try to cancel.