Dell Computer Corporation / Dell Insperon E1505 / I will never buy another dell product!

I liked my new Dell Insperon E1505 until it ceased to operate after 5 months. Now, I have had first had experience with Dell’s deteriorating hardware Technical Support.

I have talked with 7 different technical and customer care representatives for 5 hours on two continents (India and US), who cannot resolve my problem in a timely manner. My support contract calls for “Next Day” on-site support. However, the two technicians and supervisor I talked to in India said the on-site support representatives could only replace parts and not diagnose problems and they could not identify the defective part. I would have to send my computer into the Depot for repair and I should have it back within 5 business days. After problems with DHL picking up my computer (a fiasco worthy of another negative review), I got the computer to Dell’s Depot in Tennessee on the second Business Day. An automated phone message from the Depot said it would be a 10 business days repair. Thus began my odyssey of talking to Technical Support and Customer Care Reps who cannot solve the problem of getting my computer back working in a timely manner. The latest US Tech support supervisor rep said it would be up to 15 business days (3 weeks). To speed things up, the supervisor said he could have it sent back to me broken and he could identify the part so an on-site person could install it (what I wanted to begin with). However, he could not get my computer returned to me broken for another 5 Business Days (and two weekend days). So I won’t have a working computer for another two weeks. I am so angry at DELL technical support that I will never buy another Dell Product.

Va

Comments

• Da
      15th of Apr, 2008

I purchased a brand new in the box Dell desktop computer. I registered it online for the warranty. After a couple of months started having problems with the video to the monitor. It seems it would only work if it warmed up for about 30 minutes or so. Then it started acting up even after the computer was on for several hours. I contacted Dell Service and was told the warranty was no longer in affect. Computer paperwork shipped with computer states a one year warranty... then Dell said the warranty was never transferred... Again I was the original purchaser of the computer...No previous owner.. Then Dell said to contact the store where purchased. They offer a 90 day in store warranty on any computer they sell, new, used, refurbished, etc. But since this was past 90 days they said its a Dell problem and should be under Dell to repair under warranty. After numerous e-mails Dell says to contact the store to straighten this out. Straighten what out??? I purchased a brand new Dell computer, have original receipt, was the 1st owner of the computer, registered it with Dell for warranty. Dell continues to give me the run around and will not fix the computer. After seeing all the complaints on the internet I wish I would have never bought a Dell computer. I've never had this kind of problems with a warranty with any other product before. If Dll refuses to honor there warranty then they should be honest with the consumer and tell them up front when you buy a Dell you are buying it... AS IS... NO WARRANTY. I can assure you I will NEVER BUY a DELL again.

• Bo
      20th of Jan, 2010

Same computer e1505 a Dell I own what a joke with customer service. Next day service is a breach of contract and Dell should be sued but I do not have time. My led screen is defective I called customer service twice to get service in my home, the tech called twice never to be heard from again. Had a new hard drive sent to my home and Dell wants the old on back? Good Luck trying Dell I plan on giving you the same ### run araound you give me!