Dell Computer Corporation / fraud and scam

What a disappointment. My dell battery now needs to be completely replaced after a mere 13 months of service. Even worse, the battery stopped providing reliable power without being plugged in only a couple months in to owning my computer. It'll now cost me about $150 to replace this piece of crap with another one just like it. If actually want a halfway DECENT batter, it's going to run me $300.

To anyone thinking about purchasing a middle-of-the-road model Dell laptop, I'd advise you to do your research on what batter you're getting and insist it come with a proven performer that won't crap out after a year like mine did.

Va

Comments

• Ef
      1st of Feb, 2009

I have two dells and the same thing happened to both computers. 13 months and both batteries went dead and then a funny thing happened all of a sudden one of the laptop batteries started working normal fro 2 months ... perfectly normal. Batteries don't fix themselves when they go bad they go bad and that's it. The only thing I had done to the computer was run a registry repair wizard due to I was having some problems with the computer and all was good. that is until restored my hard drive last night and now all of a sudden after the battery working normal again the battery is amazingly bad ... this is ### !! Dell is running a scam and should be sued for fraud!!!

• Ti
      12th of Feb, 2009

I have an Inspiron and the same occured with me (within 3 months after purchase, the battery wouldn't hold a charge). I could have called but I've had enough experience with Dell customer service to know what a nightmare it would be so I just plug it into the wall every time I use it. What a shame. I once swore by Dell but their customer service has really gone to the dogs. I'll never purchase anything from them again.

• Vi
      19th of May, 2010

I recently bought a Dell Mini 1012 and now I'm worried that I bought a piece of garbage! Just waiting for the battery to die!

• Br
      22nd of Dec, 2010

I've had my laptop for just over 4 months and my battery suddenly went to the gutter. It had been working just fine managing to power my laptop for about 2 hours and then one day a message popped up saying I needed to buy a new battery from Dell. The life of the battery instantly dropped to about 15 minutes and now will not charge over 23%. My mom has had her Dell laptop for 4 to 5 years and it has never had a problem like this, perhaps she bought her laptop early enough she missed the scam.

• Ve
      16th of Apr, 2011

Dell is running a battery scam and it's too bad. My Dell was an awesome computer until the msg popped up telling me to go to dell and buy a new battery. Now it doesn't hold a charge, and I'm looking to buy a new laptop. I tried buying a new battery but it only lasted 2 weeks and the same thing happened. Never again a Dell. |They got greedy and tried to get an extra 100$ out of all their clients. Now they're losing out on the 1000$ I'm about to spend.

• Si
      30th of Mar, 2016

Dell inspiron 1750, same thing, broken only months after warranty! I 'm shure it's a scam