DELLscam and rip off

I returned a laptop to del computers for a repair under warranty on the 4/3/2009. I was informed by a dell advisor that the laptop would be repaired under warranty, I also received an email wich stated that a fully functional laptop would b returned in 7 tp 10 working days. on the 12/03/2009 I was contacted by a dell operative that a charge of £287.00 would be required, when I commented on this he reduced the figure to £170.00, I stillwas not happy with this so I was old a cusomer service advisor would telephone me the next day. The customer advisor telephond meon the13/03/2009 to tell me everything I had been told the day before and with no new offer and did ot try to help me in any way. As a concequence of this the laptop is being returned unrepaired; I would not recomend Dell comuters to anyone following this episode and feel the customer service is zero, all they are interested in is selling poo er quality hardware.

Ag

Comments

Dec 20, 2010

I have filed a complaint against Dell and QVC with the Oklahoma Attorney Generals office and the US Federal Trade Commission. This is theft pure and simple. Does anyone know of a class action lawsuit against either company? QVC is selling Dell computers along with a one year warranty for hardware and software. It is stated clearly on the invoice. The computer is junk, has been since it was connected to the internet. QVC and Dell are in this scam together. I am trying to find an attorney and also willing to put ads in several newspapers.

• Ju
      Jan 16, 2012

I purchased a desktop Dell Insperion in May 2011. It was advertised as being loaded with McAfee software and three years of antivirus protection. Not only did the computer arrive without any information about what was loaded, but within 6 months McAfee was infected with a virus that infected Windows 7 and effectively shut down my computer altogether.
    Dell wanted $300 to restore it, McAfee wanted $89 to kill the virus, and QVC refuses any help at all.
    I feel that the advertising of this product without disclosing the complete lack of software warranties and/or support by all three of these companies is a deceptive trade practice.
    ANYONE WISHING TO PURSUE A CLASS ACTION AGAINST QVC, DELL COMPUTERS AND MCAFEE, please contact me:
    [protected]@gmail.com

• Na
      Jun 03, 2016

Purchased XPS 17" laptop Dec 2010. Received defected Windows 7 OS system, unable to use other installed software/applications.

Attempted to have Dell staff to correct problems to no avail - requested a replacement and denied. Wrote emails, spoke to salesperson, manager, supervisors following protocol to get computer operable, to no avail -

Requested a return authorization, not given - no explanation given. 21 day limitation on return has now expired, 30 days has expired since delivery - web site fine print states, "only arbitration" why no judical process for consumer?

I am totally dismayed in the lack of "reasonable" customer service by Dell.

• Bl
      Jun 03, 2016

I bought 2 top of the line laptops, one for my mother and one for myself. After receiving them, one was not functioning properly and I can't even tell you how many phone calls to customer service in India it took to finally get them to agree to send us a new computer. I don't think there could be a more frustrating and completely unknowable support center in the world and that's putting it nicely. Could have potentially gotten over that except then exactly a few days after my one year warranty expired all of a sudden my CD rom drive stopped working. I called to see if they could help me but basically just wanted me to send in my computer and charge me $300+ and weeks without my computer. I was appalled and pissed to say the least. I still haven't gotten my CD rom fixed and every time I want to play a CD it reminds me how much I hate Dell and that I will never, ever, support their business again!!!

• Gl
    Dell - Rip off
    Dell

I can not believe it a $700 lap top used very moderately the battery stops charging after two years. To replace it Dell will charge you $150. To talk to Dell and explain this terrible problem they want to charge you $50. Talk about lack of customer service, I understand if I have a new software to install, or can not figure out how to de a setup I can get charged for seeking help. But to tell them that the product is a lemon you need to pay $50. Dell thinks of lap top battery as a disposable product...!! or is it a new strategy like filing the ink on your printer...what a ripp off. This will be my last Dell computer I will buy or advise any body to buy.