Dell / useless warranty

Warranty has been useless for me... Beware that battery warranty is only 1 year, despite purchasing 3 yr warranty. Customer service waits for warranty to elapse before they return complaint calls. Computer keys failed within 2 months, battery within 4 months, they have not yet replaced item stating that machines are only replaced within the first month. 3 xps dell computers in my family, all three developed problems in the first few months. I do not recommend to buy Dell Laptops.

Va

Comments

• Kc
      9th of Mar, 2010

I have a dell xps 1640 laptop. Just over a year old. The battery will not charge and the computer gives an "ac adapter not recognized" . I purchased a brand new Dell adapter for my laptop only to get the same message. So I basically have a laptop that is not portable. It will work when plugged into the wall. This is all over the internet. 1000 of customers have the same problem. My laptop is on a 3 year warranty so I sent an email to Dell. I got an automated response that they are working on the problem however they have never got back to me. I'm not looking forward to calling Dell because I'm anticipating a lot of useless questions from a tech that knows less about computers than me. Dell knows they are putting out a defective item but continue to do it which I feel is criminal.