Deep Discount DVD / Bad service

Deep Discount DVD
Needed a present for my girl so placed an order for Horse Life DS game. It was "In Stock". Got a confirmation email stating it's "In Stock". Waited a few days for the shipment notification and then checked the account. Oops, now the status was "Back ordered". Curiously, the product webpage still showed it in stock. Called and was told that the item is back-ordered. When I said that I have an email from them stating it's in stock, the response indirectly suggested that I am a liar. Wow!
My advice is to buy somewhere else rather than trying to save a buck or two.

N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
My experience with deepdiscount has been less than palatable as well. Placed an order during a promotion with a coupon and was charged for the item. The next day, received an email informing me that it was backordered... i thought that's ok, I could wait. Much later, I received another email informing me that my order has been canceled due to a price error, and that deepdiscount has many other products on promotion at great prices.

When I wrote to them through BBB, they repeated claimed that as the coupon was promoted on some other website, they are not responsible for them...even though the other website merely pointed readers to deepdiscount's website, and all transactions occured on their website. They even acknowledged that the coupon was valid, but since it was promoted on another website (even though that website merely pointed readers to deepdiscount's website), they do not have to honor them. And again, they hid behind their policy that they can cancel any order if there are (real or otherwise) any pricing errors.

I would advice consumers to stay away from deepdiscount...you may think you are able to save a few bucks, but all I got was my order cancelled, and a link to more products at 'fantastic prices'.
N  30th of Sep, 2009 by

DeepDiscount.com - Clearly Used and Damaged Book

The book I ordered was supposed to be new and in perfect condition but it was worn everywhere, and not from some accident during the shipment. It simply was used. Edges worn, pages bent. They sold me this beautiful hardcover book in terrible condition unbeknownst to me. Scam.
N  30th of Sep, 2009 by
did they specifically say the book was brand new and not used?
N  21st of Jan, 2010 by

DeepDiscount - poor customer service on exchange
Phone: 1-800-257-3762

I purchase an car amp for Christmas, the first problem started when I was charged twice on my credit card, next after getting the product it was defected. Tried for 2 weeks before reaching someone and all I was told is that they were short of customer service help. Next came trying to return it for just another one, from this date it has taken days just for them to say they're sennding me another one by UPS. Oh it doesn't end there, they mailed it too the right street address, but the wrong state. If I ever get pass this, I will never do business with them again, and will warn everyone to beware.
A  10th of Feb, 2010 by
I bought a 12" powered subwoofer from them 6months ago with a 3year warranty and the crossover died. They will not respond to me let alone answer their phone! Stay away from these people!
N  17th of Aug, 2010 by
i am 14 and have ordered many tv seasons like monk and a few movies at deep discount and for me they always came within the standerd shipping time they say it will come at and my dad said they never had hidden fees or scams like with other dvd companys like www.hotmoviesale.com

I know this isnt a complaint but i just want people to be happy like i have
A  24th of Nov, 2010 by
I have two different orders with Deep Discount, and one Blu-ray from each is being withheld. They keep saying they're on backorder and I'll be notified when they ship, but the items aren't listed as on backorder. They send me form letters to my questions and complaints. This is one of the worst companies I've dealt with, and what makes it worse is that they used to be top-notch. For a while they had better prices than Amazon and had decent service. THEY ABSOLUTELY SUCK NOW. What does it take to improve their service? I don't know, but I won't have to bother because I've given up shopping with them. Thankfully, their prices aren't that good anymore either, I can always find it cheaper at Amazon or DVDEmpire. AVOID DEEP DISCOUNT AT ALL COSTS.
N  6th of Dec, 2010 by
I recently ordered a dvd and cd; when I checked my order history, it showed "No Order History." I have repeatedly emailed them and they have totally ignored my emails.
I would NOT recommend anyone do business w/Deep Discount.com.
A  22nd of Dec, 2010 by
Placed a confirmed order on advertised price on deepdiscount.com .Order was accepted and processed but next day they sent an email cancelling the order saying it was a pricing error.
This website is just collecting customer contact & credit card data . BAD BAD SALEs Practises
A  27th of Jul, 2011 by
Ordered gear from them - order placed.

Deep Discount ignored it. Said the order didn't exist even though it was on the account. (See the pattern with other complainants, and there are hundreds.)

Then they started overcharging my credit card, and Deep Discount do not allow their customers to remove or alter their credit card details.

To cut a long story short they are scammers, and rip off customers for small amounts because its so hard to get your money back - they ignore emails and lie through their teeth to everyone.

Both the Better Business Bureau and the Governors office/Attorney General's office know all about them and do absolutely nothing about the ongoing credit card fraud being carried by them. In fact some of these so called regulators are on first name terms with Infinity resources management - the company who owns Deep Discount ...

DO not buy from them - your credit card is theirs forever...
N  13th of Aug, 2011 by
I ordered 3 dvds on a special promotioin of 25% off their regular price. They billed me for the full price. When I complained they provided the discount on 2 of 3 items. They said that this item was not on the list for the 25% discount even though it was listed on their website as such. I requested a refund and they said I would pay for the shipping because it was "my fault--not theirs." I will never order from this dishonest company again. I now only get dvds from Amazon and discovered that their prices are even lower than Deep Discount. Moreover, Amazon has always been excellent with customer service issues.
D  3rd of Mar, 2013 by
Well now! I must be lucky because I have been ordering from Deep Discount for a long, long time, and 99% of the time I have been satisfied with their service and products. That's not to say they're perfect but they do have competitive prices and more than half the time their prices have been lower. Lower than Amazon, much if not most, of the time.

So, maybe I'm lucky and maybe I just happen to shop on the good days, but to be fair, I'm going to give Deep Discount a hearty thank you for good service and prices. I just cannot complain.

N  29th of Mar, 2014 by
My week started out by ordering two hundred dollars worth of movies, I needed them right away and paid for over night ..
I had to call because they did not come, I was told they tried to call me and they left a message, not true, The problem was
in my address I had a street address and a P.B number, They didn't understand it was all correct and if they had sent it
I would have received it, I was told I had to reorder the movies . My husband made the order early in the day
and again he paid for overnight shipping.I called the next day just to make sure they had it shipped, I was told it was on a UPS truck and I would have it before 7 PM that evening.I stayed home and again no movies, I called again the first man said I don't see a tracking number for u call back this after noon. I called back and ask for someone in charge-She said I will check into it for u and call u back.
She called back and said I see your tracking number but UPS did not get it.So this women went ahead and had them mail it to me
said you will get it next Tuesday, , I needed it a week ago she had not ask me my wishes she just did it, I got a email yesterday from them and said when the order is sent out ..she said it was sent out-I have been given the run around, lied to.
and treated badly all because I tried to spend around two hundred dollars with there company.
I will never use them again and if enough people do the same, they might get the act togeather but I think that
would take cleaning house and hiring people that care about there job,
A  9th of Jan, 2018 by
This place is a SCAM!

Ordered a music CD for a friends birthday and had it sent to his address. He never received it.
I contacted their so-called "customer service" and was flat out told, in the NASTIEST possible way "If it wasn't received, it wasn't our fault. You don't get a refund"!!!

Not only did my friend not get his present, I got scammed out of a LOT of money!!!

DeepDiscount Logo DeepDiscount