Decorplanet / product was not as described on website

1 New York City, United States

This issue occurred in 2015 and I placed a review on this site as well as on other business ratings and review website. The reason I am updating this now is because their customer service rep contacted me on 8/1/2017 through the other business rating website and asked if I would consider changing my negative feedback and they would compensate me for my time.  Further communication with the DecorPlanet Rep on the other business rating website was annoying because the Rep lied and stated that they communicated with the manufacturer who confirmed the finish on the items I received from DecorPlanet was correct. What they failed to mention was that on the DecorPlanet website they described the finish as Brushed Nickel but on the manufacturers website they described the finish as Satinized Chrome. So it was correct for the manufacturer but was misrepresented on DécorPlanets website.  Then the Rep proceeded to say I had received a refund.  This was also a lie as my credit card company determined that DecorPlanet never provided me with a refund so the credit card company refunded me the purchase price because of product misrepresentation.  It appears that now in 2017 they are still using deceptive practices and are contacting customers requesting they change their reviews.

The following is my review from December 2015 placed on this site and the other business rating & review website:

I placed an order for Nameeks Gedy Soap Dispenser/Product # NA80-380 and a Nameeks Gedy Toothbrush Holder/ Product # NA98-38 with DecorPlanet.com. I wanted to match my brushed nickel faucets and DecorPlanet described the items on their website as being brushed nickel. When received they did not match the brushed nickel facets at all and the soap dispenser had a very slight damage.

I contacted DecorPlanet's customer service and they advised that they were brushed nickel. I explained to customer service rep that they match my stainless steel kitchen pots and they are not the color of brushed nickel.
The items are Gedy products and with further research I found the Gedy website. The items had the same product numbers on the Gedy website and were described as SATINIZED CHROME. Nickel finishes are slightly darker in color giving them a warmer appearance. Satinize chrome is too white.

They provided a FedEx prepaid shipping label and upon receipt of the return they would deduct a restocking fee and the fee for the return shipping label and I would receive a portion of my $52.00 credited back within five business days. I explained the information I found on the Gedy website and should receive all of my money back but they refused to refund the full amount.

I contacted my credit card company and after I told them what had happened they explained that I could enter a dispute, as the items that DecorPlanet provides were not received as they described. They explained that I first had to return the merchandise before I could enter the dispute for a full refund of my $52.00.

Well it is now nine business days since they received my return confirmed by FedEx Tracking and I haven't received any portion of my money credited back to my credit card. I contacted my credit card company again and they credited the full amount back to my account.

Df