Debt to Wealth / Credit for unused/unwanted product

New World Media, Debt to Wealth, John Commuta
This company promotes itself on the radio as a saving grace for those of us in debt (thats everyone, right?). They state that you can call in for a free trial of their program, but what they mean is a free cassette. However, while you are on the phone and thinking that you are talking to them about a wealth building program free trial, they gather your CC info for shipping only and then very vaguely tell you that you can check out the system for 30 days, and then if it's not for you, feel free to return it. They never say that if you wait until day 31, that not only do you own it and they start charging your card, they will NOT work with you on a return. You are stuck with it. And if you want to talk to someone about it, then you get the rudest person ever, completely unprofessional, and you are screwed. I had to engage AMEX to get my credit, but it was a real pain. I never even opened the product as I had too many other things going on and whenyou think something is free, you don't seem to get in a hurry to check it out. And they do not send it "signature guaranteed", but rather just leave it at your doorstep, then start charging your card. I've seen kids come around and steal packages, but try to tell the vendor that and they don't care. I will NEVER use another company like this again. People like this are ruining the busienss of legitimate vendors.

A  30th of Nov, 2011 by
Agree. NEW WORLD MEDIA Transforming Debt into wealth is a total scam..Received the package and new it wasn't for me...I repeatedly phoned the scam company to get a return auth # but was on hold 3 different attempts for 15-20 minutes per phone call. So I went on my normal business and cancelled my credit card to prevent the scam co. from charging my credit card. I received a bill for $399.95 two months later and I called and talked to a rude and obnoxious lady . Her attitude was they basically scammed me and since I was unable to obtain the RA # I need to pay the outstanding balance or She would send me to a collection agency. They did send me to collections; However, my attorney is investigating their practice and will prove this is a scam. I will update with details on this fraudulent scam after the outcome via my attorney.