DCS / Fisher & Paykel / Terrible experience!

United States Review updated:
I am in the same boat as the two other complainants on this site. My DCS stove has not worked properly for more than a year. The simmer burners have been fluttering for longer than that, and now the ignition system never stops clicking as long as a burner is turned on. It is maddening. Also, the burners are advertised as being sealed. Yet, there is not a single gasket between them and the stove top. I have used minimal amounts of water to keep the top clean, but it has still seeped underneath, and the entire undercarriage of the stove top is rusted out. Ignition wire connectors have rusted away, and I can only really use the two rear burners--on a $4000 stove that is only three years old!!

Service has been horrible, as well. The Fisher & Paykel customer service people have lovely British accents, but are totally useless. I have finally gotten them to offer to pay for replacement parts, but no labor. My local repair company (Earl B. Feiden, Kingston, NY) has been pretty useless as well, but that's somewhat off-topic.

Thing is, even if the new parts are installed, with me paying for labor, the stove will end up in the same condition very soon. Unless, of course, I never clean it. I am disappointed and saddened by this. Please do not buy anything from DCS, and by association, Fisher & Paykel.

Comments

Fr
  16th of Sep, 2008
Ive got the same trouble. I"ve bought my gaz cooking plate, a DCS, there's 2 years, and I got the same terouble with ingnition, the plastic brokes. Ive paid it 1200$ sure for that king of sheet. Never seen that
Francis
  1st of Jul, 2013
I have a DCS WOT-130, less than 5 years old, the oven will not get above 325 degrees at times, the repair technician says the main circuit board has to be removed, sent to FP, repaired and reinstalled as FP does not have any new circuit boards. We will be without an oven for about 10 days. The porcelain on the bottom of the oven is badly cracked, however the 10 year warranty on the porcelain does not cover this as it does not affect the operation of the oven, this makes no sense, what else would the warranty be for?. Thoroughly disgusted with DCS/ FP.

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Logo Fisher & Paykel Appliances