Dazzle White / unauthorised withdrawals

This company borders on fraud, after requesting what was advertised as a free trial, I was charged for the product $50+ before I received it as I live in Australia and the time limit was up. I have subsequently had my account debited for various amounts over a period of 6 months from companys I have never heard of that the bank tell me are related to Dazzle White. Today there is a new amount deducted from my account from a US company called Health Care Payment Solutions whom after I had to go to the trouble of calling the states from Australia I find collects money from a place called Calorie Balance Coach someone else who is something to do with Dazzle White.

Comments

• Rr
      2nd of Feb, 2010

In response to 'Dazzle White' scam. I work in business and finance and have come across this problem before. I offer a solution to your mystery charges and a way to better protect yourself in the future. When ordering or purchasing anything online, services, product, trials, and even information, and your are reqested to agree to a small fee, or shipping and handling only, in the 'fine' print, you are also agreeing to join, recieve product or services, from an 'affiliate' or 'elite' company...or companies. Although it is most definately, 'misrepresentation' at it's best... it is not illegal. That's how they have your credit card info in the first place. Always take lots of time to READ the info they provide. Sometimes you will have to really search for specific details about affiliates, returns/ refunds, or terms and conditions that apply but are not stated in the 'short' version which is usually shown on original ordering screen. Get the details. Call the company directly if needed. If a number or address is not provided, it probably isn't trust worthy. If you do get caught in 'mystery' charges, contact your cc company, ask if they will provide third party calling directly to the company which the mystery charges are going. Go thru their process to completely cancel your 'membership' with them. Record the date, get the persons name and ID #, as well as a comfirmation number of cancellation. If third party calling with cc, they should also be recording the same info. Good Luck all.