Days Inn / hotel room bill

Kingsland, GA, United States

I evacuated from Florida with my 86 year old Dad and my cat. We drove 16 hours to get out of the State of Florida and arrived in Kingsland, Georgia on Thursday, September 7th, 2017. I took a room at the Days Inn in Kingsland, Georgia. [protected]. 1353 GA-40, Kingsland, GA.

I was told the rooms were $89.00. I asked for a Handicap room for my Dad. I had inspected several rooms as they had Queen Beds and finally I was given a room with a King Bed. I told the Desk clerk that I had a Cat. He did not advise me that evening that the room would be $120.00.

The room was totally filthy. There was dust and filth at the edge of the garbage mattresses. The refrigerator has filth and black mold marks at the top of the Fridge. The room was the most disgusting room that I ever been in and I was just praying that we would not get bed bugs nor my cat get any filth from the carpet. Go and inspect that crappy, filthy Motel.

When I checked out in the morning, I gave the keys to the lady. She gave me a bill for $120.00. I did not have time to argue over it as I was in a rush to leave and get back on the road. So, I thought that I got screwed due to the Hurricane Evacuation.

Now, a few days later, I took a look at my Bank Statement and saw that I was not only charged $120.00 but an additional $15.00 charge was added to my Credit Card after I left.

First of all, this is ugly to not advise the customer what the charge would be, then gouge the customer another fee after they leave? I had a reservation across the street at the Comfort Inn for $105.00 which I did not take as I was tired after a 16 hour drive and did not feel like lugging our things up and down an elevator to the 5th floor. But, very sorry that I did not do this as the room would have been much more cleaner.

Secondly, there is The Pets Evacuation and Transportation Standards Act (PETS) which is a FEMA assistance to accommodate pets and service animals. He had no right under the FEMA Act and also not to tell me that he was going to use my Credit Card after I left.

He is a filthy human being and I want my $15.00 back. He can keep the stinking $120.00 and hope it helps for the [censored] that are staying at his hotel because I will never go there or recommend anyone to go over there. I have friends that live in Kingsland and St. Marys, Georgia and I will be sure to tell them about this event as well as putting this up on the Internet.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK IMMEDIATELY.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you.

Di