David's Bridal / alteration rip-off!

1 3670 McKinley PkwyBlasdell, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 716-822-2156

I went today for a fitting for a bridesmaid dress. the manager of the alterations dept wanted to charge me TWO times what I paid for my dress for alterations! She was rude and tried to convince me that the dress fit fine-EVEN though the sleeves fall down and it is aprox 2" to big in the waist hips bust and sides! She told me that its the brides' day anyway!!! I will NEVER go there again! AVOID at all costs! go to a real tailor!

Comments

• Am
      24th of Mar, 2009

We are in the same boat!! STAY AWAY FROM WILMINGTON NC LOCATION!! We we quoted $55 and when we picked up my dress...$320!! My mother almost fainted! My dress was only $199!! They said they had to alter the bodice which cost $250. NO WAY!! NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A DRESS OR RECOMMEND THEM!!

• Je
      25th of Jun, 2009

Yes I agree! Do not go to the Harbison Blvd SC Davids Bridal. They put you in dresses that are 2 sizes too large so that they can charge ridiculous prices to alter. They are such scam artist! They are also rude, pushy, and try to put you in dresses that they like and not what you like. Thumbs way down!!!

• Ra
      28th of Sep, 2010

i just bought a $99 wedding dress at david's bridal. i was so caught up in the excitement (because they were feeding me lines like "this dress is so perfect for you!! aren't you excited?? we are so excited for you!!") that i wound up spending $450 on the dress, to have it altered there. we are currently trying to get the dress back and have it altered somewhere else. they're charging me $120 to hem the front, and ANOTHER $120 TO HEM THE BACK!! i feel like such a fool - hopefully we get our money back as they have not started the altering. any major bridal shop is going to do this to you, it's way safer to pay for the dress there and then take it to some hole-in-the-wall mom&pop tailor.