Dairy Queen / equal opportunity violation and racial bias

Phenix City, Alabama, AL, United States

To whom it may concern

I am writing to highlight two incendents that occured between my son, nephew, and store manager at the Dairy Queen in Phenix City Alabama. My nephew was accused by the store manager of stealing $40.00. The store manager then proceeded to call the police to press charges on my nephew. Upon arriving at the store, the police reviewed the surveillance video and concluded that it wasn't my nephew in the video. Furthermore my nephew was not an employee at the restaurant at that time.

Secondly my son has been working at dairy Cream for about 2 weeks. Since his employment he's been threatened with termination because his shift leader stated he was stealing food. The manager stated to all new employees that they would receive an employee discount if they purchase food while on shift. My son attempted to pay for his food and another employee refused to take his order. The same employee went to management and accused my son of stealing and the manager terminated his employment that day. This was a unjustified firing because he was instructed to do this by management. He was given no reason for the termination, he was simply informed that his service was no longer needed.

As a parent we want our children to grow to be functioning members of society. However this restaurant location is bias in how they deal with African American employees. This is uncalled for and I would like to know what can be done before I pursue legal action against Dairy Queen.

Jp