Curves for Women / Curves ripped me off!

I signed a 1 year agreement in September 2003. I went to close my bank account 7/30/2007, and found out that the company has been deducting the monthly dues from my account every month since. At the end of my contract, the manager called me to see if I would be renewing, and I told her NO. She did not inform me that I must come in and put the cancellation in writing. It has now been almost 3 years since the END of my 1 year contract, and they have deducted over $1400 from my account since September 2004. They now tell me I'm SOL. This company is NOT Christian based as it claims, but instead screw out of your hard earned money!!

Comments

1st of Aug, 2007

Doesn't she check her bank statement?

• Ra
      12th of Dec, 2007

That is absolutely insane what is it with some companies are they so money hungry they forget they are supposed to be professionals!? my friend donna goes there i am going to forward your complaint to her and everybody else!

• Gr
      3rd of Jul, 2014

I joined Curves of Millbury MA in 2011 after recovering from a devastating leg injury I sustained in 2010. I had a leg full of titanium. After one visit it was clear I couldn't work out without pain, so my doctor wrote a note excusing me for several months. I hand delivered the note. Before the end of that time I had moved to another state, and I called Curves wanting to quit as I did not heal as fast after a second operation. I had to remove the metal and needed to attend physical therapy instead of Curves. I was told I was not a member anymore, and did not have to worry, in fact they assured me I didn't even have to come in with a note, I wasn't in the system! Lo and behold I am one of those lazy ladies who does not check my bank statement and discovered that I had been charged up until June 2014. When I called to complain, I was laughed at and basically told I was a liar. I am contacting an attorney.