Cricket Wireless / they lied to the customers and not really helping at all

I started to use Cricket on June 3, 2008.My plan is $35, 00 and I add international text mssg plan $5, 00.As soon I got home I've tried to send intl text, but the thing is I couldn't receive any intl text, I’ve tried to contact couple friends in another country to send me intl text again for couple of times. Unfortunately, I still couldn't receive any intl text.

I called the Customer Service (CS) right away, he said there's nothing wrong with my intl text, he said that it should be working and I have to try again. I’ve tried many times to send intl text to my friends, but still I can't receive any intl text.

I went to Cricket store in Dodge St, the CS checked my cell and she said there's nothing wrong with my phone. She suggested me if I still can't receive any intl text she'll make a trouble ticket. I said ok, just make a trouble ticket so the technical support can fix my problem. I asked the CS, how long does it take to fix my intl text, so I can receive my intl text cause I really need my intl text so I can contact my friends and family in another country, the CS said it took about a week or two. She also said that somebody will call me if it's been fixed. I’ve waited for 2 weeks, but nobody called me.

I called the CS like 4 times and I went back to the store, I got mad at her and I told her that she lied to me cause she promised me that after 2 weeks they can fix my problem. But they still can't fix my problem and not helping me at all.

I was really2 pissed cause it wasting my time, my money and my energy, I asked for a refund in 132nd W.Center, but they told me that they can't give any refund. They suggested me to do a trouble ticket again, I told them that I've already have a trouble ticket. They told me that I can exchange my cell but I have to pay $10, 00 shipping fee. I finally talked to the Manager, she told me the same that she can't give me any refund and I have to do a trouble ticket again, but this time she said she can exchange my cell without shipping fee. I told her, I don't want that, I just want to end the service cause Cricket was not helping me as a customer and the service was really2 poor. She said if I want to end the service I just have to disconnect the service and she didn't say sorry for what the Cricket has done to me, not even once! What kind of service is this? I have to pay $78, 86(cellphone+activation fee and other taxes) and Cricket is not really helping me at all, they’re not even trying to help! And she (the manager) told me too that there's nothing she can do about it. "Hello, there's nothing she can do about it?" Of course there is, Cricket should better give a good service to the customer, maybe the staff never get trained well of how to work in CS and how to work in cell phone business. Loyalty customer is the most important thing. But they're not helping the customer at all and didn't offer the best solutions to all customer's problems.

Why using CRICKET??? So, everybody out there, DON’T EVER USE CRICKET!!! Cause they lied all the time, not helpful and ###!!!

Va

Comments

18th of Sep, 2008

I am mainly responding because of the address's given in your complaint. It sounds like you live in Omaha? I live in Council Bluffs and have had to drive to Omaha MANY times to complain about the service or something on my bill being charged that I didn't ask for. I know you get no help nor sympathy, even though I told them that me driving clear over there to recieve help or answers, they honestly could have cared less. They are the worst cell phone service around and I am making sure I tell everybody I know how bad they really are. I hope you found a new service that was worth something. I went with Verizon and so far so good. Well, anything's gotta be better than Cricket. I sure wish I would have read all these complaints before I went with them!

• St
      29th of Nov, 2008

I am thinking of going pre paid. I have cricket right now, I liked the idea of not having to sign up with a contract. but I am going to cancel their service because, some monthes they send text messages telling me if I don't pay my bill, my phone will be shut off. I always pay my bill early. I call them, and they tell me to disregard the message. I have been told by them, oh we send that to all customers. I told them thats a real bad policy to send text messages to people that does pay their bills on time. I sure don't need the hassel of calling them all the time, when I have paid my bill on time.

• St
      29th of Nov, 2008

Did you ever think that the people who where sending text to you from another country may not be working? And that may be why you where not getting the incoming text???

• Ro
      24th of Feb, 2009

Totally agree as I have to disconnect from Cricket myself now as after using it for one month and raising tickets at the store and calling customer service several times I can only send international text but NOONE can ever respond back as CRICKET service sucks.

• Cr
      22nd of Aug, 2009

Cricket is a scam and I see complaints about their phone and internet service all the time. When will there finally be a "class action" lawsuit filed against these frauds?

• Ad
      7th of Apr, 2011

I think cricket is good for some consumers. Those that are not making international texts and so forth. They have an unlimited texting package that doesn't work properly. It really depends on the country that is sending the text message to wether the message will be received or not. If you go to tmobile or AT&T, your message is almost guaranteed to arrive. I wish cricket would realize that there is some fault in their network that is preventing it from receiving messages especially from middle eastern countries. Specifically I know you cannot receive messages on the cricket network from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates since I had 1st hand experience with this and tried it with other cricket wireless customers phones. Fix your international messaging cricket and I would be a glad customer.