Creative Home Arts Club / fraud

1 Pocatello, ID, United States Review updated:

I joined this creative home arts club because I love to do crafting.
I would get monthly magazines, free gifts, and products to try and keep free. For $1.00 I would get $24.00 credit for my LIFE TIME membership for the magazine, but owed $386.00 for the club. and for my club membership I would receive these great gifts and be able to try products. So I paid my club membership in one payment, $386.00. I did receive some gifts! Wow 3 different carrying bags! All mine for the amazing low price of $386.00. I have NEVER received any products to try and I have been a member for over 2 years. I did get the magazine for awhile but consisted of crafts you could send for and buy, the magazines have stopped, (prob. because I never ordered) and the only other gift I've received has been some return address labels, so some other fool will see them and look into their WONDERFUL (not) club. I will check complaint boards from now on to see about any offers.

Comments

• Ar
      20th of Nov, 2014

I had the exact same thing happen to me as Lori. However, They hounded me for the money because I didn't pay one lump sum. I received what she did...big deal. I received the magazine for maybe a year. Then they started sending packages of useless junk for me to buy. If it was not sent back, I was charged for it. I told them to stop sending me junk (things I would NEVER use) . Now I get nothing from them...they have my $386.00...I have nothing, not even the magazine! I just wonder what could be done to them?

• Gw
      2nd of May, 2017

This company has deceived too many people and have taken money they need to replace

• Bo
      16th of Aug, 2017

@Gwendolyn Stuckey I as well paid gthe life membership and received 3 "craft bags". The magazine stopped. I may have received a few items to try. I also was suckered into buying the craft jewerly kits at around 25.00 a pop. Ive prob have 20+ kits I havent even opened.

18th of Sep, 2017

i PAID FULL MEMBERSHIP SINCE 2007, periodically I received magazines, and the fantastic serger carrier. I have tried over the years to make contact to no avail. When I joined in 2007 their address was PO Box 3471 in Minnetonka. Too bad that they continue to get away with this. Originally, I had assumed this to be a legitimate organization, it appears to be just another fraudulent scheme to rob unsuspecting people. For Shame,

• Su
      22nd of Sep, 2017

I joined in 2005 and couldn't contact online or by phone to have my subscription address changed. Another scam? Could have been a good idea