Creative Home Arts Clubwhat the heck happened?

L Review updated:

I joined the Creative Home Arts Club as a Life Member back in Sept. of 2004, member number [protected]. Paid $340.00 plus for the membership. Everything was fine in the beginning. Magazines where great until the changed to scrap booking only. Then everything stopped. I didn't get magazines, nothing. Now you can't even log onto the site. I realize things change in 14 years - but really - Life Member should mean Life. They should be required to refund membership fee's.

• Li
    Linda Bozzo Seifert Jan 24, 2021

Like many others my Lifetime member club does not exist any more .What is being done about this.At least we are entitled to some reimbursment. Linda B. Seifert email spouseto 4of [email protected] thank you.

Carol McKinley Jan 12, 2021

Also a lifetime member. Just happened to be using a cutting mat with their name on it and decided to look them up. Rip off.

• Be
    Bea G. Redd Jan 20, 2021

@Carol McKinley This is crazy because today (1/19/21) I came across a craft tote I got when I joined as a LIFE member. So I did a search on the name Creative Hime Arts to see if they were still in business.
    All I found was BBB complaints about the company.
    So now I’m wondering if we will get a refund?

• Ju
    Junebug10137 Dec 01, 2020

I am right there with the rest of you. I became a lifetime member since 10/2004. I hated when they changed magazine to scrapbooking. Just look how many lifetime members just on here that have been cheated. June

Carla A Smith Nov 05, 2020

I also am a Lifetime Charter member from 2004. I received a few kits and magazines. But I have not received anything in a long time(years). Would like to know what happened to them.

• St
    Stacy andrews Oct 17, 2020

Same here I came across my membership card and I'm wondering what happened to this company. It was great in the beginning then it was gone. Any information would be great

jael comardelle Oct 13, 2020

I am in the same shoes as you all -- cleaning out and came across the Membership Benefits & Services handbook that I joined a long time ago (don't even remember how long ago). Very disappointing that this company has failed us.

• Ta
    Tanesa Sanchez Oct 07, 2020

I completely forgot about this club I too like everyone else was a “life member” I came across my club member card yesterday because I was cleaning out the shed and had a storage container filled with things from my office old papers and such. I am determined to discover if I can what exactly happened with this company, like all of you I’m very pissed off when thinking about it. So if anyone is still around if I find out any information I will post here wish me luck LOL

• Lm
    LMFree Sep 10, 2020

I too was a Life Member since 5/2003 was wondering what happened. Came across my membership ship card the other day.
    Please include me if anything is filed for lawsuit. Or if anything is found out
    [email protected]

• Lo
    Lorie Young Aug 25, 2020

I too had joined and ran across some of my paperwork just today and was wondering what had happened to this company and seen this group messaging going on. If anyone ever finds out I sure would like to know...I will place my email [email protected] It is very frustrating to think that a company would take people's hard earned money and then shut down and then think that it would be ok without any kind of explanation.

• Fl
    flillyl Aug 23, 2020

I joined the lifetime membership in 2008. I did receive nice beading tools, a cutting mat, project totes with my name, magizines, and books. I even got to try some new products. Then nothing. Like everyone else, the company seems to have vanished with no warning. I paid a lot for a lifetime membership. It is disappointing that they just vanished with no warning.

I too would like to know what happened.

• Gm
    gmains Aug 05, 2020

I may as well add my name too. Became a member, paid my fees & nothing! Actually forgot all about it till I came across my membership info.

• Ro
    Robin Scaggs Aug 05, 2020

I too became a life time member of these idiots back in 2009 and pd $380.00 I totally forgot about them until I was moving and found my membership card and welcome paper..the only thing I recieved from them after the tote bags were some attic rings that go around gift paper to keep the roll in
    Place..i would like to know what happened
    to this place and everyone's money..
    Very pissed off..

• Ka
    Kathleen Simms Jul 31, 2020

I came across a magnet I had with all their contact info on it while organizing my storage (hadn’t been in that storage for over 8 years!) and decided I’d look them up and see about finally joining. After reading these comments, I’m grateful I wasn’t able to afford the membership all those years ago!

• Sp
    spyderbyte Jul 23, 2020

This is unacceptable. I purchased a lifetime membership in 2003 not realizing that it meant the "lifetime" of a shady company that took our money and ran. Judging by the previous posts, no one is happy.

• Li
    Linda Donehoo Jul 09, 2020

I also forgot about this, until I went through a drawer and found a product letter and my membership card. I was a charter member. It's been so long since I've received anything from them.

Deborah Lindsey Jul 03, 2020

It also happened to me. I tried calling a non working number. We should be able to get a refund. I also was a lifetime member with their Cooking Club.

• Vo
    Vonda Leak Jul 02, 2020

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this. I paid for a lifetime membership and haven't heard anything in years either. Its a shame. The cooking club disappeared as well. I would like some answers.

• Ju
    Julie from Washington Jun 24, 2020

Yes I too am a Lifetime Member, paid over $350.00 for it, was very happy with what I was getting then the scrape book thing happened, was not a fan. Then nothing even after finding them again cause they changed their name without any notice to the Lifetime members. Wow where is all the stuff we were promised?

• Sh
    Shawnemarie Jun 22, 2020

Count me in with the rest. I think I threw everything away by now

• Na
    Nanci Race Jun 03, 2020

I've been a lifetime member since 2004 too and I too was robbed.

DeceivedPaula May 30, 2020

I’ve been a lifetime member since 2004, and like everyone else, I was robbed.

• Tr
    Trishie66 May 12, 2020

I am like AmberRT above. I only paid $50 or $60 for Lifetime Membership back in 2006. Just came across my membership packet last week and threw it in the trash. The big rolling tote I received is great and I still use it, but I never expect to find out what happened to them.

• Am
    AmberRT May 03, 2020

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this club until I came across a big stack of "Make your own gift card! Enjoy this free life member gift from the Creative Home Arts Club" packets. It shocks me that so many were charged so much for 'lifetime membership'. I must have joined around 2006, but I believe that I was only charged ~$50 and not the three figures that seem so common. I got a nice(ish) tote, and a bunch of these little free packets of 3x2" gift card sets with "MADE IN CHINA" printed on the back. They really did just stop sending me magazines and free stuff at some point in 2009. I wonder if it was a money laundering scheme?

• Ki
    KimberlyVD Dec 20, 2020

@AmberRT I joined may 2004 and paid close to $400.

• Ce
    Celine Crane Apr 28, 2020

I too became a life member back in 2004 ! I didn’t know 🤷‍♀️ why I didn’t hear anything from this art club!! I really like it at first . I hope someone will respond to these e-mails!!

• Ta
    Tara Purcell Apr 05, 2020

I'm also a lifetime member since 2004. It was great when it started but I agree lifetime members should have received something before they completely closed

• Pa
    Paulette OConnor Mar 25, 2020

I too have been a life time member since 02/2005. Think about this club often. I loved my magazines and crafts. I also joined The cooking club of America Life Member through this site. 02/2008. We sure did get ripped off. No one even has the courtesy to answer all these questions on here. Never will I fall for a lifetime member again!

• Pa
    Pat Hotch Mar 20, 2020

Total scam since the beginning!!
    Just threw my lifetime pin away.
    Gave away the large cheaply made tote, but am keeping the small hand tote with my name on it for portable projects.

• Me
    Mema2018 Mar 01, 2020

I have been wondering the same thing.

• Ji
    Jill Hunt Jan 24, 2020

Same here. It is frustrating! Been a life time member since 2007

• Na
    Nancy Beyer Jan 22, 2020

Adding my name to this list in case someone ACTUALLY replies within the information. :) Same scenario as everyone else in this chain.

• Cj
    CJ Hartsock Jan 20, 2020

I have often wondered what ever happened. I see all the posts from above, with the general consensus being "ME TOO!" Does anybody know where they went? Where is there warehouse full of stuff...that could have been distrubuted to the lifetime members? Too late now I am sure. It would be nice to get an idea of what happened. I agree with Wally L, post listed above this one...The LIFETIME membership fee was probably an attempt to save the company from shut down. If you know anything, you can contact me via e-mail at [email protected] THANKS! cj

• Wa
    Wally L Nov 22, 2019

Hmmm. I checked whois.com to see who owned this domain. Nobody. It's available for $10 per year if you want it, but I suspect that it'll attract a lot of angry customers for awhile. I also suspect that "Lifetime" was used to coax people into paying an unreasonably high price before they shut down.

• Do
    Donna Fransen Nov 18, 2019

Found my lifetime membership card and literature today while cleaning out my files. What happened to these people? I feel like I was robbed because I sure didn't get a "life" membership.

• Bl
    Blondy0626 Oct 06, 2019

I have been a member since 2002 and like another member stated I forgot all about it until I came across my Membership Card. Has anyone heard what happened? I feel we should get some type of refund.

• Sh
    Sheila Dickerson Britt Sep 08, 2019

I've had the same experience cleaning out a file box and found paperwork with membership number. Still haven't heard what happened. By the way I do not like scrap booking.
    Sheila Dickerson Britt

Deborah Mcleod Sep 02, 2019

I've been a member since 11/02 and Yes I paid my membership off as well, and have a life time membership! But that doesn't look like it means anything!

Carla Small Aug 13, 2019

Same for me, a member since 2008. I did get a pie plate with my initial etched on it. The plate is glass with handles on each side. Haven’t heard a thing since. It was a great pie plate and I use it a lot. Pretty expensive one though. Like $380.00. Sounds like we all got ripped off.

• Gi
    ginadolce Apr 07, 2019

Me too. Anyone find out what has happened? did they close down?

Charmaine Bannister Mar 20, 2019

I am a charter member since 2002. Sadly I also have not received anything for a very long time . Have they shut down and we weren't notified??? Frustrated.

• Te
    Teresa Austin Sep 13, 2018

I also joined as a lifetime member. Same complaints...