[Resolved] Couponcabin.com / avoid like a plague

Thought the coupons looked pretty good, but had to install a "coupon printer" to print the coupons. Did so with no problem. However, when returning to the coupon page to print coupons, I was instructed yet again to install the coupon printer. Even exited the browser and went back and tried yet again. You guessed it -- I was instructed to install the coupon printer I had already installed. I hate endless loops like this. Bogus! Uninstalled immediately. What's the point of a site like this if you can't actually print the coupons? I'm always suspicious of having to install weird programs to do things that you should be able to do already from your browser. This didn't cause any problems, but neither did it actually work. Waste of time.

• Resolution statement

• CouponCabin Customer Care's Response, Jun 29, 2018

After you submitted your missing cash back inquiry, we opened an investigation. When the store responded, they indicated that your order was credited to one of their own internal marketing programs and not CouponCabin. Most often this means that a coupon was used that was not from CouponCabin, that another coupon/shopping site was visited after clicking CouponCabin or that a coupon was used that the store showed you as you checked out. Also, if your shopping cart was not completely, 100% empty prior to clicking from CouponCabin, cash back will not be earned. Our ability to provide members with cash back is contingent on us being compensated by the store. In this instance, since a different company received the commission, we were not able to provide you with cash back.

Ri

Comments

• Sc
      21st of Nov, 2012

Hi, Rimbek.

By way of introduction, I'm Scott Kluth, the owner of CouponCabin.com. I saw your complaint and wanted to personally chime in here. I'm sorry you had problems with printing grocery coupons and please know that this is common. Unfortunately for CouponCabin, this is out of our hands. CouponCabin.com is a directory of coupons and doesn't actually create or print any coupons itself; rather it links to coupons on third party sites. That said, the printer you installed was from one of the three grocery coupon sites on the web which have printer software (Coupons.com, CouponNetwork.com or RedPlum). Each of these sites require users to install their individual printer to access their individual coupons. I know the need to install 3 individual printers is probably frustrating, but again, this is outside of CouponCabin's control since we simply find and identify available coupons. I've included links to each of these three site's FAQs for your reference or please feel free to shoot me an email at [protected]@couponcabin.com and I can explain more.

Thanks, Rimbek!
    Scott

Best Best Advice +6 Votes

@Scott Kluth Hey Scott, why aren't you responding to all of the other complaints about blocked accounts, bogus 'Deals of the day' & NO CASH BACK? Your site is a scam!

• Ke
      9th of Apr, 2014

April 9, 2014. Was promised a coupon to 6PM.COM for 10% would work through 11:59 PM on this day. "We promise our coupons will work...we guarantee our coupons will work" Blah blah. Did not work! Kept getting error message from 6PM that the coupon was not valid for the user I was logged in as. Tried it several times. Then I got error message from couponcabin to the effect of [protected]@! We have blocked you because we have bogus sites trying to use our coupons... if you would like to escalate this... fill out this form. For Pete's sake, I'm just someone who went to this site because I thought I could save 10%, then become blocked like a criminal!! How RUDE! So much for promises of $25 if their coupons don't work and their "proof" that the coupon worked 'for them'!

• Ge
      15th of Jul, 2014

I tried to access coupon cabin for an article I'm editing - you know, fact-checking. The writer claims coupon cabin is a reliable source of coupons, so I'm checking it out. Several times I tried, all to no avail.

Tough break - I've got to assume that the average reader is going to run into the same problem, so I'm going to just delete all references to the service from the article.

• He
      18th of May, 2015

I am loving www.CouponerStore.com. Great Website for latest Coupons and p[promo codes along with free shipping deals. My one experience has compelled me to stick with it!

• Pe
      9th of May, 2016

Avoid these people at all cost!!! You click through them, but they say you didn't. I've been buying via click-through and fatwallet for years and years... and ALWAYS get paid!!!
    They are totally a scam. Find any other affiliate to get some $$$ back, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH COUPON CABIN!!!
    Oh! The best part? When you call them out that they are a scam? They close your account. LOL. They stole big $$$ on a grill I bought via BBQGuys. AVOID AVOID AVOID!

• Sw
      30th of Oct, 2017

@Peter Turso Yes! they closed my account... just because 1 big fat butt customer (un)successful manager thinks she was bummed to the core for asking questions about cash back! as though she gave me the money to purchase and i complained against her and the cash back!

• Fi
      16th of Apr, 2017

I agree to avoid this site with the promise of cash back for purchases made through their site. I have made multiple purchases through their daily deals ($5 off and $10 off) and have yet to actually receive any rebates from the daily deals. In fact twice it was posted to my account and then reversed as they said a change in the order or refund occurred. I have contacted them on at least 6 different occasions and have yet to receive any of the rebates nor a valid response. At this point, I would have to say I am out probably about $30 and if I do not see any of the rebates shortly, I will be closing my account.

• Ba
      22nd of Jul, 2017

CouponCabin offers (among many other deals) a "$1 bonus" for purchasing any Aleve product. Unless you read 10 pages of fine print buried two layers deep in their website, you won't realize that the offer is a hoax; you'll never get the dollar. After I sent in a picture of my Walmart receipt for an Aleve product, CouponCabin informed me that they have a $7 threshold for sending checks; sweet. And only after further email correspondence (they don't have telephone customer support) did I learn that after a year of inactivity, CouponCabin charges a monthly maintenance fee of $2.50 (possibly up to $4) until the account balance is zero. So you must buy a lot more than one Aleve product if you want $1; you must read through and respond to lots of advertising and buy lots of stuff. So the company should have advertised not a $1 bonus, but rather a $0 bonus plus a lot of advertising in return for buying Aleve. Nigerian emailers promise millions; this company promises $1. Both are hoaxes. And shame on Aleve for allowing CouponCabin to use its name.

• De
      24th of Nov, 2017

Worst company ever created. I had a terrible experience with them and would not recommend to anyone. I waited hours for a coupon on Black Friday and accidentally clicked on another and the site said I claimed "that one" and wouldn't allow me to claim the other because it insisted I used up my coupon uses. Support resolved the issue after the coupon was no longer available. Bottom line: worst site ever and do not use them. Use Retailmenot. At least their coupons won't think you've claimed then when you just clicked on them.

• Je
      11th of Dec, 2017

I began using Coupon Cabin this past summer. Amazing. As soon as I received notice that I would be issued a check a couple months ago, and that it would be issued Dec. 6th, (FYI, I have not received it) just this evening I received notice that I was " using multiple accounts" and a dotted list of other possible reasons why my account was blocked and that my cash back cannot be issued. [censor]. Funny thing is my sister, and my niece also received that same notices this week and were blocked from their accounts and will not receive their cash back either. Hmmmmm. I smell something fishy!! We each received the exact same emails which we have screen shots of and we will contact the BBB, social media, FOX News, CNN whomever to get this corrected. Either they have a scammer within the company or the company is a big scam itself. My sister and my niece, and myself live in different towns, do not share computers, accounts, names or anything. I am contacting each company that I made purchases with and letting them know of our concerns. I contacted CouponCabin, no answer, just was able to leave a message with " Scott". I also made a screen shot of my email message to Coupon Cabin as to my concerns and will let the world know of their response. We've committed no violations what so ever, we want to see proof of that, we want an apology, we want answers and we want our cash back that should be coming to us. Jeanne B.

4th of Jun, 2018

@Jeanne Barrett This is EXACTLY what happened to me! CouponCabin is a HUGE SCAM! They're making affiliate commissions off of every purchase made through their site & they're keeping every dime! I'll switch back to other reliable affiliate sites like AAA, click-through, or fatwallet. I've only made 1 purchase through Ebates (no cash back yet) but at least there's no hassle or bogus error messages on every offer! CouponCabin, is a huge scam, coupons never work or are "unavailable to claim until 6pm PST" but at 6pm PST the offers are gone & replaced with new unavailable "deals of the day" most of the valid offers are simply links to discounts already avail on the vendor sites, the other discount offers are totally bogus! Brilliant scheme Scott Kluth!

• Mf
      22nd of Dec, 2017

I had a terrible experience with Coupon Cabin. they always block account during payment period with lame justification. secondly, it's not possible to have single IP address if you access your phone from different WiFi networks and mobile network. Coupon Cabin is a scam!!
    someone shared same experience with Coupon Cabin on their page as I commented their I got an email from Scott.

4th of Jun, 2018

@mfbm This is exactly what happened to me CouponCabin is a huge scam! Scott Kluth is making millions in affiliate commissions from our purchases & keeping every penny for himself. The 'deal's of the day' are bogus & never available, the only valid discounts are simply links to existing discounts offered by the vendors. Don't expect to get any discounts or cash back from CouponCabin find a legit affiliate site. They won't make another dime off of my purchases!

• Co
      3rd of Jan, 2018

I agree that Coupon Cabin is BIG SCAM. In the past few months I earned a few hundred dollars in cashback. Just right before my earnings are eligible for payment, they closed my account claiming I violated terms. I see this as "STEALING" money from people. These cashback were paid to couponcabin by companies like Macys and Groupon but instead of paying the customers, they would close people's accounts and keep cashback to themselves. This is horrible practice and is this even legal? ... Scott Kluth should go to jail for scamming everyone.

• Ka
      7th of Jan, 2018

Coupon cabin Reps/admin Please Respond to these consumers!

• El
      8th of Jan, 2018

By falsely claiming that the same user has multiple accounts (when that isn't actually true) based just on IP address, what Coupon Cabin is doing is somewhat similar to an old-school trick that some disreputable companies use to shortchange their salesmen who work on commission: use some ancient previous contact from a dormant account as evidence to claim that the recent sales lead they found was not actually their unique lead.

But to extend that analogy to what Coupon Cabin is doing by falsely claiming users have muliple accounts, it's like terminating a salesman's employment, based on a claimed violation of his employment agreement, just before he was due to get paid a nice commission for a recent sale, and also making him jump through hoops just to get paid for his recent prior sales. That salesman would be better of working somewhere where he's reasonably sure he will be paid, even if his rate . And that's why either Ebates or MrRebates are better alternatives to Coupon Cabin.

As the saying goes, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is. Offers that are accompanied by lots and lots of boilerplate text terms and conditions are just built-in excuses for them to not actually be what they seem to be at face vaule. With Coupon Cabin, that's the case not just with the unbelievable '$100 off $100' offers on their home page (that are always "used up" in the same split second they become available), but even routine less-than-10% back offers that seem to have worked & were confirmed via email: Coupon Cabin can and will decide a week later that they "changed their mind" (so to speak) even if the same user hasn't used ANY other offers in the meantime.

• El
      8th of Jan, 2018

"even if his rate..." ...is lower.

• Br
      17th of Jan, 2018

Totally Agree here! Coupon Cabin has not even helped me one bit! I messaged them about my concerns in a cashback case and they kept telling me I had to wait 90 days.. Well more than 90 days later I STILL can't get help! I swore in my message and I INSTANTLY got a reply telling me that they do not tolerate swearing and that I should just close my account and if I didnt reply to their email they would do it for me. Yeah, don't send me the $100 back that I should be receiving. RUN FROM COUPON CABIN, ITS A CROCK OF POOP. !!!

• Mj
      1st of Apr, 2018

As far as coupon sites go, CouponCabin has very generous cash back offers. That being said, their system is set up poorly and I was very dissatisfied with the customer service I received. I shopped through CouponCabin on my phone, and then I logged into my account to check the status of my purchase on my computer when I was at my mom's house. Because my mom also has a CouponCabin account, they permanently deleted my account, which I only found out they had done when I tried to log in. The page said to contact them if I believed my account was closed in error, which it was. But, contacting them did absolutely no good. It took me forever to get them to even explain to me what terms they thought I had violated, and would not listen to why I thought it was an error. They said that my account could be reopened under no circumstances.
    They are extremely difficult to work with, their computer system is flawed, so don't refer friends or family if you ever use each other's wifi because they will lock you out, and accuse you of violating their terms.

• Jj
      2nd of Jun, 2018

I'm facing a similar issue with them. Bought an item from Home Depot a week ago because CouponCabin has the special $75 off for the first 8 people. Today, my account is deactivated for no reason with the message saying I'm in violation of their policy due to multiple accounts. I have only 1 account with them and log in through Google. Not even sure if this company is legit or not after reading all the of the above complaints.

4th of Jun, 2018

CouponCabin is a scam! They're making millions in affiliate commissions from our purchases, then they block your account claiming you are 'in violation of the terms and conditions' stating you have multiple accounts registered to your IP address, however, they still permit your 'blocked account' to make purchases through their site. "Deals of The Day" are bogus clickbait to lure you in, they're always 'unavailable' & their advertised discounts are NEVER applied to your purchases. The only legitimate discounts are simply links to existing vendor discount offers on specific purchases. Scott Kluth is a thief! BOYCOTT CouponCabin, you won't receive a dime back from them & their discounts are NEVER applied, use a legitimate affiliate rebate site!

• Me
      28th of Jun, 2018

I filed a dispute with the BBB about CouponCabin's failure to pay the refund promised. CouponCabin sites an internal conflict by the company from which I purchased, and that possibly, "...a click took place on their customer email, on a shopping site or a Google search ad, or you used a coupon code that was found on another website."
    None of these reasons listed above were true in my case. CouponCabin has a pattern of not paying their customers, period.

• Jp
      16th of Aug, 2018
    CouponCabin - Scammers, Terrible Customer Service & Thieves
    Whiting, IN
    couponcabin.com

This company promises cash back and prizes. Once you have the funds in your account it blocks you and your IP saying you are being fraudulent when in fact it is this company who is dishonest and unethical. Stay away from this website - it will only cause frustration. There are ethical cash back sites where you should focus your affiliate spending.