Countrywide / LYING ABOUT MODIFICATIONS
We wanted to let everyone know that mortgage lenders are still deceiving the American people and the American government regarding loan modifications. We hear in the news everyday how the U.S. housing market is "bottoming out" or "finally stabilizing" or "sales are picking up". But the reality is that it is not. Not for homeowners whose lenders are corrupt, that is.
Please do not misunderstand. There are lenders who are doing their best to help homeowners and we are pleased they are now generally making a effort to work with homeowners and keep them in their homes. We applaud those lenders/banks. However, we wanted to bring to your attention a particular lender - Countrywide Financial (now operating as Bank Of America Home Loans).
We are sure you see comments all over the internet on how this lender is blatantly employing forestalling tactics to deceive the media, government, and the American public. In our opinion, this lender has absolutely no intention of complying with President Obama's American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 and has no intention of keeping homeowners in their homes. Countrywide Financial's website says they have a "commitment to supporting the Making Home Affordable program" but that is a lie. We have filed numerous complaints regarding Countrywide Financial for their refusal to grant us a loan modification on our home even though we meet the criteria.
The Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Los Angeles Northwest District issued a court order for Countrywide Financial to provide loan modifications (Case No. LC083076, California Attorney General and The People vs. Countrywide Financial). Though we were not part of this particular lawsuit, our situation still meets the criteria described in the settlement. Also, included in the settlement was for Countrywide Financial to furnish to the California Attorney General a list of account numbers of those loans which have been modified. I doubt, to this day, they have sent any tangible information to the attorney general.
Here's the deal:
1) Countrywide is NOT MODIFYING loans despite what they tell the government, the media and the American people.
2) Countrywide is violating court orders and is in contempt of court.
3) Countrywide received TARP funds and yet they openly refuse to abide by the mandatory Obama loan modification guidelines.
Bottomline: Countrywide Financial is STEALING our taxpayer bailout monies!
For those who are experiencing loan modification issues similar to our situation, please seek advice from an attorney AND DO NOT BE AFRAID TO LET GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS KNOW ABOUT YOUR LENDER REFUSING TO GRANT YOUR MODIFICATION (if you qualify for it). Write to your Congressman or Congresswoman, write Housing and Urban Development, your state's attorney general, your state's housing departments, your state's consumer affairs, your governor, the Better Business Bureau, the Federal Trade Commission, the Department of Real Estate, even write to the President of the United States, the Vice President of the United States, the Office of Public Liaison, write...write..write...or fax...fax...fax...or email..email...email..or call..call..call. You need to let our government know what's happening at the consumer level. Not sure where to begin? go to www.whitehouse.gov
Thank you...and good luck!
More Countrywide Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - claims department 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank of America - bank causing high overdrawn account & unnecessary fees
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud department
- Bank Of America Corporation - credit card
- Bank Of America Corporation - rewards program
- Bank Of America Corporation - location