Couchsurfing / "verification" procedure
I followed the instructions to "verify" my profile by providing my credit card. NOWHERE in the process appeared the word "payment", "45 euro", "subscription", "donation", everything was presented as a simple verification procedure to make sure my profile exists.
As I submitted the details of my credit card I received an email from the bank saying "you just paid 45 euros to Couchsurfing". This is ABSOLUTELY NOT FAIR, I am furious with this misleading communication and I will denounce this fact to Consob, the Italian costumer association.
Any payment request should be clearly declared to the costumer, and this sneaky behavior is not acceptable in particular if it comes from such a big and respectable organization as Couchsurfing is. I am very disappointed about that and will do my best to denounce it.
More Couchsurfing Complaints & Reviews
- Couchsurfing.org - Couchsurfing is a nightmare cultish community full of moochers and people who are just there to take from you what they can 
- Couchsurfing International - reactivation of my account 
- Couchsurfing - I'm officially done with Couchsurfing
- Couchsurfing.org - Blocked access and impossible to get money back 
- Couchsurfing - Couchsurfing is unsafe!
- Couchsurfing - illegal activity of moderation team (federal offence) 
- Couchsurfing.org - Bad people
- Couchsurfing International - unauthorized credit card charges
- Couchsurfing - Disgusting experience
- Couchsurfing International - they do not let you cancel your subscription, or let you cancel your payments