Costco Wholesale Corporation / kirkland chicken breasts (frozen and individually wrapped)

Fairfield, CA, United States Review updated:

Hello, I purchased a bag of frozen, individually wrapped chicken from Costco about a week ago. The next day, I defrosted some chicken breasts to make for dinner and I found a long strand of hair in one of the sealed individually wrapped bags of chicken. Yesterday, I went to Costco Fairfield ca and returned it. I also purchased another bag from a different lot. Although it was good to be able to return it, I'm more concerned about the food safety part of it where a long strand of hair was able to get into a vacuum sealed bag and on the actual chicken breast itself. If there was one chicken breast which was contaminated, there is no evidence to know if it was an isolated incident. An object being found in the chicken is a result of cross contamination and should be investigated and appropriate corrective action should be taken. Please see the photos attached.

Jh
May 1, 2017

Comments

• Kc
      24th of Aug, 2017

This is gross! I totally know where you are coming from...I just opened the same chicken and found a 3 inch black hair on it!! So gross!! I'm truly disgusted by their health/safety inspections (or lack of)...