Costco Wholesale Corporation / entering the store with a teacup puppy

1 Stockton, CA, United States Review updated:

I was advised at the Costco on hammer lane that i couldn't carry my dog in hand or in my purse to buy alcohol for the company New Year's Eve party. I've shopped with my pup before it's so small no one notices her in my purse. I've gone to different Costco's in different cities with no problem. I did advise the manager on duty and the girl at the door they should put a sign up saying no pets allowed along with their other rules on the board! When i asked where the sign was saying let's werent allowed so future customers know they're not allowed just service dogs. But there's not even a service dog only sign either so i wouldn't of known this store didn't allow small dogs when shopping!

Costco Wholesale Corporation

Ki
Dec 29, 2017

Comments

• Su
      30th of Dec, 2017

Do you also need a sign to let you know you shouldn't use electrical appliances while in a tub of water? Geez lady, get a clue! Anyone with an iota of sense knows that you cannot bring pets into a grocery store. How old are you? And stores don't post service dogs allowed signs because they are protected by federal law! So, there is no need for any signs. There is a big difference between a service dog and someone's freaking pet! BTW: that is a real live animal and not an accessory.

• Be
      30th of Dec, 2017

So then you won't have a problem with me bringing in my pet horse? I mean, it doesn't say no pets allowed, so surely I can ride my horse in the store. Common sense people. You can't just bring your animal with you wherever you want just because "he's so small" Not everyone wants to be near your animal. Leave it at home or train it so he can learn to stay home by himself. The world doesn't have to bend to you, you need to learn that.