Costco / customer service

1 120 WESTCHESTER CRESCENTST CATHERINES, Canada

After being a loyal customer of costco for so many years my recent visit was a terrible one.
I crossed the border and drove for more then an hour from buffalo to st catherine only to find out the information provided to me on the phone by the warehouse was wrong.
Before i started my drive i called in the warehouse and inquired about the product 814814 if they had in stock and how much is the cost. I was told they had 248 in stock and cost is $49.99.
I was happy as i needed 20 of them and before i tried calling in rochester location only to find out they had none.
Since st catherine had in stock and the price was still the same when i bought it first time around i drove for an hour not including the wait time at the border to find out that the sale has ended and now it is 69.99.
How can they make such a blunder in telling the price. Dont the people working on the front desk be trained enough to know the price of the product. After having a long discussion with the supervisor judy and then the manager we had to come empty handed as they did not believed what i was saying. I even told them the exact number that you have 248 in stock which matched on the screen when she checked herself.
I was not happy at all as i could not buy that product and had to drive back without the product.
Please feel free to contact me at shivkhanna1958@yahoo.com or call me at [protected] if you have any other qyestions.
All this hapened on 3 august 2015 around 8 pm and i called around 6 pm to make sure about the price and quantity.
Thanks